Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2003/09/03 21:44:00 UTC

[PROPOSAL] archive unmirrored JMeter releases

(as many you will know) the apache software foundation policy concerning
releases is now that all releases should be available only through:

1. the main mirrored ASF distribution directories
2. the main ASF archives

the latest 1.9.1 jmeter release is available through the mirrors but the
older releases are still available through the older unmirrored
directories. the download statistics (supply by infrastructure) show that
unmirrored jmeter downloads are still proving too popular.

my proposal is that the older releases (under
jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jmeter/) be moved into the ASF archives
(where they will remain available for download) and that all requests be
redirected to the main jakarta binary download page where the latest
release can be download or the link to the archives can be followed.

(unless someone else steps forward) i'll volunteer to carry out this work.
  (unless someone corrects me) i'll assume that the decision will proceed
by lazy consensus. (unless someone forces a vote before then) i'll carry
out this work sometime after 12 noon GMT tomorrow (thursday 9th september)
.

- robert

Re: [PROPOSAL] archive unmirrored JMeter releases

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
oops!

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 08:44 PM, robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

> i'll carry out this work sometime after 12 noon GMT tomorrow (thursday
> 9th september).

this should have been the 4th of september.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
done.

i couldn't move unstable (due to group permission problems) but no one can
download from it.

- robert