Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kapilan A <ka...@triviumsys.com> on 2016/05/02 09:33:12 UTC

Apache Tomcat8 blocked once reached max thread(s) count

Hi Folks

                I am facing one issue with Apache Tomcat 8.

In 32 GB machine, four instances of tomcat is running and every tomcat has
memory as 512-1024.

In the SQl server, a particular table called "MetaData".

Third party engine will post a http request through tomcat. it accepts max
thread as 150. Savings will happen in MetaData table which is around 8
million records.

After 12 hours continuously posting, then one of the tomcat is freeze. Its
not accepting any more connections from third party

and not creating sql connections too.

What kind of optimum configurations should i follow up in production machine
?

Please guide me to solve this problem soon.

Thanks & Regards

Kapilan A

Re: Apache Tomcat8 blocked once reached max thread(s) count

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Apache Tomcat8 blocked once reached max thread(s) count

Posted by David kerber <dc...@verizon.net>.
On 5/2/2016 3:33 AM, Kapilan A wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
>                 I am facing one issue with Apache Tomcat 8.
>

> In 32 GB machine, four instances of tomcat is running and every tomcat has
> memory as 512-1024.
>

> In the SQl server, a particular table called "MetaData".
>

> Third party engine will post a http request through tomcat. it accepts max
> thread as 150. Savings will happen in MetaData table which is around 8
> million records.
>

> After 12 hours continuously posting, then one of the tomcat is freeze. Its
> not accepting any more connections from third party

Without knowing anything about your app, I'd guess you have a statement
or connection leak, causing the db to not accept any more connections.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 02/05/2016 08:33, Kapilan A wrote:
> I am facing one issue with Apache Tomcat 8.

Which version?

<snip/>

> After 12 hours continuously posting, then one of the tomcat is freeze. Its
> not accepting any more connections from third party

What do the logs show?

What about a thread dump? Ideally, you should take 3 thread dumps ~15s
apart and compare them.

Mark