Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/14 18:43:39 UTC

QueryDatabaseAdapter does not work with Phoenix's TIMESTAMP columns

Hello team,

I'm testing QueryDatabaseAdapter against Phoenix DB and it cannot convert
TIMESTAMP. The error is described below:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45989678/convert-varchar-to-timestamp-in-hbase

Basically, it's required to use TO_TIMESTAMP(MAX_COLUMN) to make it work.
Do you think worth to create a JIRA to fix it? Or are there a workaround
for this?

Juan

Re: QueryDatabaseAdapter does not work with Phoenix's TIMESTAMP columns

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Thanks in advance! Note that we will likely need a DatabaseAdapter for
Phoenix, if only to be able to check the name. Ideally we should
probably have a method on the adapter to get a clause that coerces a
column to a Timestamp if need be (the generic one can be a no-op), I
think right now we check the adapter's name to see if it has "Oracle"
in it, and we may (temporarily) need to do the same for Phoenix.

Regards,
Matt

Posted by Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.