Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com> on 2007/07/16 12:13:55 UTC

Building Commons With JDK 1.3

Hi,

To make Junit tests pass when building with 1.3 I had to put Xalan and
xml-apis in the lib/ directory. Running ant package works fine without
those libs though.

Should I remove the 1.2 tag, add the libraries to the branch, re-tag,
rebuild everything or do we consider that that's fine as is? Besides the
extra work, I'm not very willing to add those dependencies while we are
about to drop support for 1.3, especially if only junit tests are
concerned so far. A short note on the Commons website telling 1.3 users
to not run junit tests would be fine to me. Moreover the 1.3 binaries
would be directly available for them.

WDYT?
If there is no negative opinions, I'll launch the vote in 24 hours.
Thanks,
Vincent