Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com> on 2011/06/27 18:27:46 UTC

Updateing the website

hey folks,

I tried to update the website yesterday and run into some problems
with permissions etc. I talked to the infra guys which helped me to
fix it. Yet, the fact that we are relying on grants cron job bugs me a
little. It seems that we are doing things not the apache way where you
just go into
people.apache.org:/www/lucene.apache.org and run svn update. We still
export stuff from certain svn paths into that directory via
/home/gsingers/bin/exportLuceneDocs.sh
I wonder if we can achive the same thing by using something like svn
external (maybe I am wrong here) or we should change the layout of the
website so we can simply run svn update there?

SImon