Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Song Li <li...@iastate.edu> on 2004/07/14 23:30:38 UTC

static library on MacOS

Hi,

I am using xerces on Mac, and I want to link xerces as a static
library, so I go to "obj" directory, type:
ar -r libxerces-c.a *.o
ranlib libxerces-c.a

and link this .a file when compiling my application, it gave me error:

ld:
/Users/lisong/lib/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/lib/libxerces-
c.a(MacOSPlatformUtils.o) illegal reference to symbol:
_AbsoluteToDuration defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
ld:
/Users/lisong/lib/xerces-c-src_2_5_0/lib/libxerces-
c.a(MacOSUnicodeConverter.o) illegal reference to symbol:
_CFCharacterSetGetPredefined defined in indirectly referenced dynamic
library
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/
CoreFoundation

Does anyone has idea about how to fix this(I have admin privilege)?
thanks a lot!

Song