Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Petersen <ro...@orangefood.com> on 2001/03/27 13:20:36 UTC

Filters and Transfer-Encoding: chunked

I am facing a problem when useing a filter.  The problem is that the "Transfer-Encoding" header does not appear to be getting set.  In this case the filter is doing some simple xsl transformations and passing on the results to the response's output stream.  Unfortunatly because the content is not being chunked by Tomcat the socket just sits there open.

I'm not sure how tomcat knows to chunk the data.  When working with an unfiltered jsp page the data gets chunked as expected.  Does the filter need to do anything to "chunk" the data?

Thanks,
Robert Petersen

Re: Filters and Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
> I am facing a problem when useing a filter.  The problem is that the
"Transfer-Encoding" header does not appear to be getting set.  In this case
the filter is doing some simple xsl transformations and passing on the
results to the response's output stream.  Unfortunatly because the content
is not being chunked by Tomcat the socket just sits there open.

> I'm not sure how tomcat knows to chunk the data.  When working with an
unfiltered jsp page the data gets chunked as expected.  Does the filter need
to do anything to "chunk" the data?

No, I don't think so.  I was able to use filter to set different headers
including "Content-Encoding" to write out to the response's outputstream
just fine.  Hope this help.

Cheers,

Amy