Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Daniel Peled <da...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/13 11:40:26 UTC

Upgrade to flink 1.14.2 and using new Data Source and Sink API

Hi everyone,

We have upgraded our flink version from 1.13.5 to 1.14.2
We are using the new kafkaSource and KafkaSink (instead of FlinkKafkaConsumer
and FlinkKafkaProducer)
After the upgrade, we *keep seeing* these log messages in TM logs
Is this OK ?
Are we doing something wrong ?

BR,
Danny

[image: image.png]

Re: Upgrade to flink 1.14.2 and using new Data Source and Sink API

Posted by Mika Naylor <ma...@autophagy.io>.
Hi Daniel,

These logs look pretty normal. As for the -1 epochs, depending on which version
you're using, I think that this might apply:

"For a producer which is being initialized for the first time, the producerId and
epoch will be set to -1. For a producer which is reinitializing, a positive valued
producerId and epoch must be provided."

(From: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=89068820#:~:text=For%20a%20producer%20which%20is,and%20epoch%20must%20be%20provided)

I think that these logs are being created when a producer is being
initialized, likely because the logging mode is INFO, which is quite
verbose.

Kind regards,
Mika

On 13.01.2022 13:40, Daniel Peled wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>
>We have upgraded our flink version from 1.13.5 to 1.14.2
>We are using the new kafkaSource and KafkaSink (instead of FlinkKafkaConsumer
>and FlinkKafkaProducer)
>After the upgrade, we *keep seeing* these log messages in TM logs
>Is this OK ?
>Are we doing something wrong ?
>
>BR,
>Danny