Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/09 11:13:21 UTC

Jetspeed2 Portlet Reposition Problem

Hi All

Portlet reposition have some problem. After reposition the portlets, the changes does not reflect to page view mode.

If anybody fix this problem before, kindly share me how to resolve this.

Regards
Rakesh

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Jetspeed-2 / PHP Bridge

Posted by John Voysey <jo...@canberra.edu.au>.
Hi Roger,

Just wondering how this was going? I've still had no luck compiling a
PHP (4.x or 5.x) library myself that will run with Jetspeed.

I've been using the libphp4.so binary provided by ITGroundwork to get
some idea of how the interactions between PHP and Jetspeed work.

However, as I've started converting my project to a portlet, I've found
the provided PHP binary is lacking some features I require (for
instance, support for Oracle databases).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

John

Re: Jetspeed-2 / PHP Bridge

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@apache.org>.

Re: Jetspeed-2 / PHP Bridge

Posted by Steve Butman <sb...@technologycrossing.com>.
John--

I'm afraid you've reached the limits of my technical abilities.

When I first started experimenting with the PHP bridge, I, too, tried
compiling PHP from source and was unsuccessful.  I noticed that the .so
file that I generated was much smaller than the one on the itgroundwork
site.  What the difference is, I do not know.

Check this post:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-jetspeed-user/200508.mbox/%3c430961E1.5050301@apache.org%3e
It sounds like Roger might be working on exactly what you're looking
for.

Please post when you've been successful.  I would like to compile from
source, too, but it sounds like it's more urgent for you than for me.

Best of luck.

Re: Jetspeed-2 / PHP Bridge

Posted by John Voysey <jo...@canberra.edu.au>.
Hi Steve,

Steve Butman wrote:
> [...]
> # configure MySQL Production DB
> # -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name=mysql
> org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url = jdbc:mysql://macbeth/jetspeed
> org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user = jetspeed
> org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password = <password>
>
> 14. Stop the tomcat server if it is running.
> 15. Run maven allClean.
> 16. Run maven allBuild.
> 17. Run maven quickStart.
> 18. Restart the tomcat server and give it several minutes to unpack
>     all of the jars and wars.
> 19. Access the jetspeed portal page.  You should see the php demo
>     application toward the bottom of the right-hand side of the screen.

John Voysey, BInfoSc (Hons)
Developer, UC Online
ICT Services, Building 10
University of Canberra, ACT 2601
E-mail: John.Voysey@canberra.edu.au

Australian Government Higher Education (CRICOS)
Registered Provider number: #00212K

ActionRequests do not appear in Browser History

Posted by Sven Thiergen <s....@itcampus.de>.
Hello,

we currently have the problem that requests made to our portal do not appear
in the Browser's history if they are ActionRequests. Pure RenderRequests get
added to the history; RenderRequests that (by default) follow ActionRequests
not. This leads to some quite unpleasant behaviour, when a user hits the
Back/Forward button.

Interestingly, those problem do not occur when using the Struts Bridge and
working with "redirect='true'" directives; when a forward happens from a
Struts 'action-type' action to a Struts 'render-type' action.

Our assumption is that in the latter case a true redirect to the client (->
browser) is made and it is a simple GET request. Browsers do add those kinds
of request to their history (this is an assumption as well). When using
"normal" portlets, RenderRequests that follow ActionRequests get called via
an internal loopback, so no client communication here (next assumption).

Is that all true? Did someone else experienced the same problems; ie. not
seeing his Portlet workflow reflected in the Browser's history? Does anyone
know how to solve this problem?

Thank you for any help,
Regards - Sven.

RE: Long Jetspeed URLs - problems with mobile devices

Posted by Frank Villarreal <f_...@tetco.com>.
The only problem I've had (with BlackBerry over pseudo-WAP) is that my users
were unable to log-in due to the long field names used for Jetspeed's
default log-in page ... "org.apache.jetspeed.login.username" .... I had to
shorten that field name (and all references in Servlets and
LoginConstants.java) to a reasonable length in order to enable mobile login.
Other than that, I've not had any problems.

- Frank

Re: Jetspeed-2 / PHP Bridge

Posted by Steve Butman <sb...@technologycrossing.com>.
[...]

    <delete dir="${org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.war.dir}/php"/>

Re: Jetspeed2 Portlet Reposition Problem

Posted by Tomba Rakesh <to...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Santiago...

We are waiting the new release.

Regards
Rakesh

Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org> wrote:
El mar, 09-08-2005 a las 03:55 -0700, Tomba Rakesh escribió:
> Hi Santiago
>
> Thanks for quick response...
>
> I am using jetspeed-current-Tomcat-5.5.9.zip this is M3 version. From where I can download M4 version.

M4 is still the development branch, where current activity is going on.

The main focus for this milestone is documentation and bug fixing. I'm
not sure when a new milestone will be released, at the very least we
need to test the latest build changes and bugfixes and make the
documentation progress.

Regards
Santiago

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@apache.org>.