Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 14:45:44 UTC

Removing jars with incompatible licenses

Hi Devs,

While going through the release check list we encountered the above issue.
We removed such occurrences. However there are some JS files inside carbon
UI bundle, that has some incompatible licenses.

Reported a blocker in carbon JIRA, https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-14762

However, in the meantime I propose forking the carbon.ui module code and
fixing it.

wdyt ?

thanks,
--Pradeep

--
Pradeep Fernando.
http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/

Re: Removing jars with incompatible licenses

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
We have another incompatible library [1] bundled, which is not used
currently. I'll remove it and update the carbon JIRA ticket as well.

[1]. http://sourceforge.net/projects/codepress/

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.
+1

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 8:15 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> While going through the release check list we encountered the above
>> issue. We removed such occurrences. However there are some JS files inside
>> carbon UI bundle, that has some incompatible licenses.
>>
>> Reported a blocker in carbon JIRA,
>> https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-14762
>>
>> However, in the meantime I propose forking the carbon.ui module code and
>> fixing it.
>>
>> wdyt ?
>>

> +1,
>

>> thanks,
>> --Pradeep
>>
>> --
>> Pradeep Fernando.
>> http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Thanks and Regards,

Isuru H.
+94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*

Re: Removing jars with incompatible licenses

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> While going through the release check list we encountered the above issue.
> We removed such occurrences. However there are some JS files inside carbon
> UI bundle, that has some incompatible licenses.
>
> Reported a blocker in carbon JIRA,
> https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-14762
>
> However, in the meantime I propose forking the carbon.ui module code and
> fixing it.
>
> wdyt ?

+1,