Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by LeeBreisacher <lb...@rocketsoftware.com> on 2010/04/08 19:21:17 UTC

Re: migrating from 3.1 -> 4.1

I see this was not answered. Nor can I find a "migration guide". Surely such
a guide must exist? There are SO many API changes between 3 and 4 -- at
least a simple map showing class name changes? Please!

Thanks,

Lee

Re: migrating from 3.1 -> 4.1

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 10:21 -0700, LeeBreisacher wrote:
> I see this was not answered. Nor can I find a "migration guide". Surely such
> a guide must exist? There are SO many API changes between 3 and 4 -- at
> least a simple map showing class name changes? Please!

There is no migration guide, as there is simply no one to one mapping
between the two APis. You should read the tutorial and adjust your code
based on the guidelines given there:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.0.1/tutorial/html/

Oleg