Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Amjad ALSHABANI <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/28 10:41:56 UTC

HiveServer2 with Hive CLI

Hello everybody,

I m trying to start hiveserver2 to connect to hive via a PHP application,
but in the same time I would like to keep connecting Hive CLI ( hive> ) on
the same machine to execute some request manually. It seems that it is not
possilbe to do so   (the Hive thrift server seems to lock the metastore ).

Is there a way to configure Hive and Hiveserver2 so they could both work
together on same machine.
I ve seen that using beeline cli may solve this issue but I m not aiming to
move now to this solution since it is a production machine and moving to
new CLI would cost me some time

Cheers

Amjad

Re: HiveServer2 with Hive CLI

Posted by Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com>.
You can try running derby in multi session mode. I did that , now I can use
Hive web interface and hive CLI simultaneously

Posted by Amjad ALSHABANI <as...@gmail.com>.
OOps, I forgot about that :)

Posted by Dima Machlin <Di...@pursway.com>.