Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi> on 2004/05/25 11:00:44 UTC

flowscript and reloading -> losing information

Hi,

just noticed that if I reload a page which has got information from

         do {
          cocoon.sendPageAndWait ("firstpage");
          firstname=cocoon.request.get ("fname");
         } while (firstname=="");
         cont=cocoon.sendPageAndWait ("secondpage", {"fname" :
firstname});
         cont.invalidate();
         cocoon.sendPage ("end");

firstpage asks name..
secondpage displays this information. If I make reload now, name
disappers..
end -page displays something like "hello <name>".. and prevents
reloading of that page by doing invalidating that continuation.

question is: how can I prevent this (losing information when doing
reload when viewing "secondpage")?

Thanks, Joose

Cocoon: 2.1.3

--
"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *

Re: flowscript and reloading -> losing information

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 25.05.2004 11:00, Joose Vettenranta wrote:

> just noticed that if I reload a page which has got information from
>
>         do {
>          cocoon.sendPageAndWait ("firstpage");
>          firstname=cocoon.request.get ("fname");
>         } while (firstname=="");
>         cont=cocoon.sendPageAndWait ("secondpage", {"fname" : firstname});
>         cont.invalidate();
>         cocoon.sendPage ("end");
>
> firstpage asks name..
> secondpage displays this information. If I make reload now, name
> disappers..
> end -page displays something like "hello <name>".. and prevents
> reloading of that page by doing invalidating that continuation.
>
> question is: how can I prevent this (losing information when doing
> reload when viewing "secondpage")?

AFAIU this should not happen at all. Is the above not that what
continuations are about?

Joerg