Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peter Howe <Pe...@uk.linedata.com> on 2006/03/01 17:19:53 UTC

Change from svn: to http:

I have recently changed a well established repository from being access
via svn:// to be accessed via http:// and all is well.

However, one of our users has about 100 checked out large repositories
with various changes yet to be committed.  Is there any way to change a
working copy to point at the respoitory using http:// now instead of
svn://

(There is more history to this change etc. but I won't bore you with it
unless I have to!)

Many thanks

Pete

Re: Change from svn: to http:

Posted by Bo Peng <be...@gmail.com>.
> svn switch --relocate FROM TO [PATH...]

That is good to know. I was using

find . -name entries  -exec perl -pi.bak -e 's/oldurl/newurl/' {} \;

After this, the working copy seems to be working well.

Cheers,
Bo

RE: Change from svn: to http:

Posted by Lieven Govaerts <lg...@mobsol.be>.
svn switch --relocate FROM TO [PATH...]

Will replace the old url by the new in all your working copies. This is only
a text replace, no access to the net needed.
( can take some time )

Lieven.

  _____