Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michele Bianchi <mi...@aesthetica.it> on 2000/06/05 12:46:45 UTC

jdk1.3

is there anyone who is trying sun jdk1.3?

i got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main"

i also tried the ibm-jdk1.3, but i got only corrupted archive.

tia

michele

michele_bianchi                                  exsense | integrated_solutions
phone://+39_348_7651874                                       via_scrimiari_45b
http://mic.aesthetica.it                                     37132_verona_italy

Re: jdk1.3

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Michele Bianchi wrote:
> >
> > is there anyone who is trying sun jdk1.3?
> >
> > i got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main"
> >
> > i also tried the ibm-jdk1.3, but i got only corrupted archive.
>
> First golen rule: read the faq before answering :)

Before "questioning"... Sorry :-)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: jdk1.3

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Michele Bianchi wrote:

> is there anyone who is trying sun jdk1.3?
>
> i got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main"
>
> i also tried the ibm-jdk1.3, but i got only corrupted archive.

First golen rule: read the faq before answering :)

(and interpolate a little)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: jdk1.3

Posted by Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>.
Michele Bianchi wrote:

> is there anyone who is trying sun jdk1.3?
>
> i got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main"

You have to put tools.jar in your classpath. (see the FAQ :->)
--
Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>
KeyID 1024/5B89D501 (for info see http://www.gnupg.org)

Re: jdk1.3

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
Yup, works fine.  Just remember to have tools.jar in your classpath.

Re: jdk1.3

Posted by Michele Bianchi <mi...@aesthetica.it>.
really sorry about the post.  i forgot to check the faq again.

anyway.  sun jdk2 1.3beta (2 june) works with cocoon 1.7.4 / jserv 1.1.1 /
postgresql jdbc driver 6.5.2 for jdk2 1.2.  later in this week i can post some
performance test against ibm-jdk 1.1.8

Re: jdk1.3

Posted by Mike Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com>.
on 6/5/00 5:46 AM, Michele Bianchi at mic@aesthetica.it wrote:

> is there anyone who is trying sun jdk1.3?
>
> i got a "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main"
>
> i also tried the ibm-jdk1.3, but i got only corrupted archive.
>
> tia
>
> michele

what are you trying???

I'm using IBM JDK1.3 preview release with Cocoon 1.7.4 and it works great.

mike