Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Ludovic Maitre <lu...@effervens.com> on 2008/04/02 20:29:42 UTC

Re: about geronimo

Hi Jacques,

It's interesting, and i would be glad to read your code.

I have too Ofbiz running under an "appserver", that is running under
Tomcat (5, 6). I'm now working to let it run under any appserver, and
under multiple namespaces. As you guess this need a lot of rewrite in
the base code due to the use of statics references everywhere for
instance. I have a bunch of modifications to the source code of Ofbiz
which are visible heres to allow it to run under Tomcat (also a new
template for it):
-  http://forge.ubik-products.com/repositories/apache-ofbiz/trunk/ It is
labeled Apache Ofbiz because this isn't a large derivation of the base
apache source code. It just include an extra module "LzCommerce" which
is an extension of the ecommerce website with OpenLazslo 4 (i.e Flash
and DHTML renderings) integration and the tomcat templates. Also i try
to implement the French accounting rules into it. And have added a way
to load alternate entity-config.xml files.

To allow to run OfBiz under multiple namespaces in the same application
server (or application servers cluster [hint,hint :-)] i have taken
another approach and so have retrofitted Ofbiz into a Maven 2
multiproject, and an OSGi (Sling) web application. This should allow to
mount multiples instances of Ofbiz under different namespaces/webapps
(and a whole lot of other things due to the management possibilities
that OSGI provide). However i'm only at the beginning of the work
regarding this derivation (but will achieve it), actually only base and
start work [i'm focused on finishing the openlaszlo frontend and the xml
rpc exports it requires]. The source is here:
- http://forge.ubik-products.com/repositories/effervens-ofbiz/trunk/ The
most interessantr (and coded) parts are under osgi/.

This is not really okay for public review, it lacks documentation (and
code!), but as i've done some work in a matter related to what you evoke
in your mail, perhaps you or others devs interested in the subject could
take a look at it (and even give me advices on some points :-). I'm
afraid that there is a lot of work remaining before beeing able to
submit it as a patch to the official ofbiz, and that the community will
not adhere to the architecture i have choosen so perhaps this will only
remain some private forks of ofbiz, but let it be ;-)

Best regards,

--
Cordialement,
Ludovic Maitre - http://www.effervens.com

Re: about geronimo

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
The flash template is really interesting. Thanks for your information.

在 2008-04-02三的 20:39 +0200,Ludovic Maitre写道:

Re: about geronimo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Ludovic,

My work is nearly finished and already commited
If interested see revisions 646349 643174 643173 and Guidelines in http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/Ah

It's something really simple done in the appserver spirit. It works well so far...

Jacques

From: "Ludovic Maitre" <lu...@effervens.com>

Re: about geronimo

Posted by xpingxu <xp...@gmail.com>.
 *Roux:* Thansk. I see your the article from http://docs.ofbiz.org/.
*Ludovic:* I think you can contribute the OSGI and OpenLaszlo UI feature to
the ofbiz. ofbiz can't give us surprise from long time ago.

Xu

Re: about geronimo

Posted by Ludovic Maitre <lu...@effervens.com>.