Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by heyongqiang <he...@software.ict.ac.cn> on 2008/12/01 13:00:13 UTC

Hadoop Beijing Meeting has successfully concluded! www.hadooper.cn is ready now.

Hi,all
    Hadoop Beijing Meeting has successfully concluded on Nov 23. Thank you all for your attention.
    According to the agreements reached in this meeting, we have finished setting up the hadoop-in-china nonprofit website:www.hadooper.cn.
    We wish we can form a powerful hadoop community in china. Take a look at this website and if you are interested in contributing for the hadooper-in-china community, please drop me an email.
    We have uploaded the Hadoop Beijing Meeting pictures, slides and videos on this www.hadooper.cn website, which are also available on the hadoop-in-china google group     (http://groups.google.com/group/hadooper_cn).
    please let me know if you have any suggestions.

    Thanks!

heyongqiang
2008-12-01

Re: RE: Hadoop Beijing Meeting has successfully concluded!www.hadooper.cn is ready now.

Posted by heyongqiang <he...@software.ict.ac.cn>.
hi,Doug Cutting
   We translated some documents, some on the www.hadooper.cn site some not. we build this website wishing we could form a powful hadoop community in china.
Besides translating, we also focuse on the improvements contributed by companies in china.  Also we are planning to host open source projectes related to hadoop on this website.

heyongqiang
2008-12-02

It looks as though you have translated some Hadoop documentation.  Is
that right?  It would be great to get your translations included in
Hadoop distributions.  Perhaps you could convert these to Forrest format
and attach them to an issue in Jira?

I note that the Apache HTTPD project has many documentation committers.
  If Hadoop finds folks willing to maintain translations then we should
consider adding them as committers.

Doug

Re: Hadoop Beijing Meeting has successfully concluded! www.hadooper.cn is ready now.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.