Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Da...@expeditors.com on 2005/08/16 00:35:58 UTC

problem with Spindle 3.2.0

Hi,

I just added a new Tapestry page to my project (in Eclipse 3.1).  The page
consists of an HTML file, a PAGE file, and a JAVA file.  After adding the
page and modifying some of the contents in all 3 files, I noticed a red X
from Spindle on the web.xml file.

The Eclipse "Problems" panel shows 2 red Xes, with the following text:

No Tapestry Build, found no valid servlets in web.xml
ignoring servlet, Unable to resolve path: no location found

The second error message points to line 9 of the web.xml file.  Here is
the contents of that file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app
<web-app>
    <display-name>MessagingWebAdmin</display-name>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>MessagingWebAdmin</servlet-name>
 <servlet-class>org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet</servlet-class>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MessagingWebAdmin</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/app</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

Line 9 is the one with <servlet-class> on it.  Since this file has not
been modified in weeks, it doesn't make much sense that the
ApplicationServlet suddenly developed a new path.

I have tried cleaning and rebuilding my project, and closing and
re-starting Eclipse.  I can't figure out what's going on and I can't
continue developing until this is resolved, since Eclipse refuses to build
my project and so when I launch Tomcat, this app is not loaded any more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
David Lee Sanford
Java Developer

Re: problem with Spindle 3.2.0

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Hi David,

I don't really have an answer for you, but this message is best
suited for the Spindle user list.

--
Kevin

Re: problem with Spindle 3.2.0