Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Magnusson, Geir" <ge...@intel.com> on 2006/04/24 14:42:22 UTC

[admin] Split the list (was RE: Split the list ?)

I've thought about it, but I think that it's a bit premature.  Why?
Because I think that once we fracture the list traffic, we lose a lot of
the intermixing that's important.

I think once we have a lot more VM traffic, it makes perfect sense.

However, I think that as an intermediate step though we should all work
very hard to tag our subject lines with a [topic] :)

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr
SSG/MPD

Re: [admin] Split the list (was RE: Split the list ?)

Posted by Richard Liang <ri...@gmail.com>.
Nathan Beyer wrote:
> I'll add my vote to using the [topic] markers. This works well for other
> Apache projects like Jakarta Commons. I think they've split of some separate
> mailing lists, but this was based on the sheer volume for certain projects.

+1. We could also give some common-used topic list. e.g., [classlib],
[admin], etc.

Maybe we already have them in place. ;-)
> I'd also add using the [topic] markers in subject line of JIRA issues too,
> but that may not be everyone's liking.
>
> -Nathan

Richard Liang
China Software Development Lab, IBM

RE: [admin] Split the list (was RE: Split the list ?)

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.

Posted by Etienne Gagnon <eg...@sablevm.org>.