Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Andre Fonseca <an...@yahoo.com.br> on 2006/03/30 01:03:29 UTC

Connecting using RDN

Hi there,

Well first thanks for all the answers in the forum, thats my third time
here.. =)

My question now is how to connect on ApacheDS using a RDN

Im using the same user descripted on the manual
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/authentication.html

Im sending also the print-screens and below is the stack..

The stack:
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Request: 1 cancelled
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapRequest.getReplyBer(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.Connection.readReply(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.ldapBind(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.authenticate(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.connect(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURL(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getUsingURLs(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getLdapCtxInstance(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.ca.commons.jndi.JNDIOps.openContext(JNDIOps.java:412)
	at com.ca.commons.jndi.JNDIOps.<init>(JNDIOps.java:101)
	at com.ca.commons.jndi.BasicOps.<init>(BasicOps.java:62)
	at com.ca.commons.jndi.AdvancedOps.<init>(AdvancedOps.java:58)
	at com.ca.commons.naming.DXOps.<init>(DXOps.java:37)
	at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.CBGraphicsOps.<init>(CBGraphicsOps.java:42)
	at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.JNDIBroker.openConnection(JNDIBroker.java:393)
	at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.JNDIBroker.processRequest(JNDIBroker.java:358)
	at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.Broker.processQueue(Broker.java:158)
	at
com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.JNDIBroker.processQueue(JNDIBroker.java:877)
	at com.ca.directory.jxplorer.broker.Broker.run(Broker.java:124)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

Re: Connecting using RDN

Posted by Andre Fonseca <an...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Alex..

--- Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> escreveu:

> Andre Fonseca wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Well first thanks for all the answers in the forum, thats my third
> time
> > here.. =)
> >
> Which forum?  We don't have a forum out there.  Can you point us to
> what
> you used?

Sorry, I was talking about the dev list =)

> > My question now is how to connect on ApacheDS using a RDN
> >
> Hmmm the user principal DN should always be a DN not a relative DN
> (RDN).
> > Im using the same user descripted on the manual

http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/authentication.html

So, thats the problem. I´d not like to connect using a such big string
as a DN can be, I´d like to connect using for example only
"user=jodoe,password=pass".

Im doing a front end to the final user, and I think its could be a
little boring to them to login as a full DN... =)

The RDN can be a "alias" for the DN?? I really didn´t understand yet
what´s the function of the RDN =(

> Hmmm which user the admin user or the bogus jdoe user?
I can connect normaly using both the admin and jdoe, but only using the
DN´s... =(

Tkx, André

Re: Connecting using RDN

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Andre Fonseca wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Well first thanks for all the answers in the forum, thats my third time
> here.. =)

Which forum?  We don't have a forum out there.  Can you point us to what
you used?
> My question now is how to connect on ApacheDS using a RDN

Hmmm the user principal DN should always be a DN not a relative DN (RDN).
> Im using the same user descripted on the manual
> http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/authentication.html

Hmmm which user the admin user or the bogus jdoe user?

Alex

Re: Connecting using RDN

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Andre Fonseca wrote:

> Well, as I answered in the Alex email I´d like to login using only
> user/pass, I dont know if its possible....

Hi Andre!

In LDAP simple bind, only the DN/password pair is intended for
authentication. So the system works as expected. If applications provide
the functionality you described (user/pass), they often do this:

1. User enters user and pass
2. Application performs an LDAP search operation to find the user entry
(DN) which matches the given user ID.
3. If an entry is found, application perform a simple bind with DN of
the entry and the given password

(If no entry is found, the user does not exist. If more than one entry
is found, the user ID is not unique within the search scope).

I hope this helps

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

Re: Connecting using RDN

Posted by Andre Fonseca <an...@yahoo.com.br>.
Hi Emmanuel,

--- Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> Andre Fonseca a écrit :
>
> >Hi there,
> >

> Hi Andre
>
> >Well first thanks for all the answers in the forum, thats my third
> time
> >here.. =)
> >

> You ar enot anymore an early bird then :)
Hehe, all right =)

> >My question now is how to connect on ApacheDS using a RDN
> >
> >Im using the same user descripted on the manual
>
>http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/authentication.html
> >

> First, a question : have you imported the ldif file into the server ?
> If
> not, do it.
Yes, I imported the user using the ldif....

> >Im sending also the print-screens and below is the stack..
> >

> The parameters you entered are not correct. 'jdoe' is not a valid DN.
>
> Just try with 'uid=jdoe, ou=users, ou=system', it should work if you
> have imported the ldif file.
Well, as I answered in the Alex email I´d like to login using only
user/pass, I dont know if its possible....

Tkx again =)

Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail: 1GB de espaço, alertas de e-mail no celular e anti-spam realmente eficaz.
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Connecting using RDN

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Andre Fonseca a écrit :

>Hi there,

Hi Andre

>Well first thanks for all the answers in the forum, thats my third time
>here.. =)

You ar enot anymore an early bird then :)

>My question now is how to connect on ApacheDS using a RDN
>
>Im using the same user descripted on the manual
>http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/docs/users/authentication.html

First, a question : have you imported the ldif file into the server ? If
not, do it.

>Im sending also the print-screens and below is the stack..

The parameters you entered are not correct. 'jdoe' is not a valid DN.
Just try with 'uid=jdoe, ou=users, ou=system', it should work if you
have imported the ldif file.

Hope it helps !

givenname=Emmanuel, sn=Lécharny