Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/07/19 17:58:14 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "TenTwoApplicationTesting" by KatheyMarsden

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by KatheyMarsden:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenTwoApplicationTesting

New page:
Derby's FowardCompatibility goal is to allow any application written against the public interfaces of an older version of Derby to run, without any changes, against a newer version of Derby.  Any incompatible changes should be a concious decision and be recorded in Jira with the "Existing Application Impact" checkbox.

To verify this is true for the 10.2 release, please test applications that use Derby and make sure we have provided as seamless an upgrade as possible for existing applications.  Try your own application or some other application that you use.  The table below has a few examples.  See [http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/index.html Derby Resources] and UsesOfDerby for more possiblities.

Please record your results below. In the comments section indicate if you saw any performance changes if relevant and if you found intentional changes that were not marked properly in Jira. Click [http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10594&customfield_12310090=Existing+Application+Impact&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=ASC&sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESCrg/jira/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?filterid=12310892  here] for known changes that might affect existing applications

||'''Name of Application'''|| '''Tests Performed'''|| '''Tester'''||'''Bugs Filed'''||'''Comments'''||
||DDLUtils|| [http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/db_ddlutils.html DDLUtils tutorial]|| || || ||
||Tomcat || [http://db.apache.org/derby/integrate/DerbyTomcat5512JPetStor.html iBATIS JPetStore Demo]|| || || ||