Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2005/09/01 23:09:07 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 2, 9 am PDT

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, September 2  at 9 am PDT to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

Test status (Michael W)
JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)
Detached objects (Matthew)
Other  issues and status (any and all)
Review of open issues in JIRA, if time permits

Action Items from weeks past:

[Aug 26 2005] AI: Company model to test persistent interface instance
creation and persistent abstract class instance creation
(pm.newInstance(PersistenceCapable.class). AI: Craig add a new entry to
the TechnologyCompatibilityKit table and a new page for the function
description.

[Aug 26 2005] AI Brian McCallister (because he isn't on the conference
call).

[Aug 26 2005]  The catalog and schema attribute overrides are not
mentioned for the package element. Spec update required. AI Craig.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the incubator
alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions how
to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on creating a
maven package.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Karan: Issue with maven: renaming JPOX releases to
SNAPSHOT. Need to update the README file and project.xml file. [Aug 5
2005] AI: Geoff look into alternative ways to get this project. Re:
Maven needs to checkout files from netbeans, not documented well.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] Inheritance proposal sent around by Michael. Needs to be
reviewed. 5 inheritance strategies. AI: Craig forward proposal to expert
group.

[July 29 2005] Is there any way to indicate from maven whether a set of
configurations was successful? Not the way it's set up. AI: Michael file
a JIRA on this.

[July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is
working on.

[July 22 2005] ? We need to enhance the DeepEquality class to allow
reporting of the difference reported. This will allow easier debugging
of mapping issues. Craig filed JIRA issue 109 on this.

[Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has implemented
and will check in.

[April 22 2005] AI JDO API release on ibiblio (Brian T)

[May 20 2005] AI: Craig file JIRA bug and fix this. Can test cases rely
on JDOHelper for state interrogation of non-binary-compatibility
classes? Yes, but the  JDO 2.0 JDOImplHelper class has not implemented
the functionality yet.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
access our releases area.

[April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
called "releases" and put the snapshots there.

[April 15 2005] AI Matthew will create a directory in the
tck.api.persistencemanager called detach in which he will have complete
freedom to implement the assertions in the detach section of the
specification.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
the project to ibiblio.

[May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly builds.

[May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
impact on enhancer.

[May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
can help.

-- Michelle

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 9, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin
Zaun, Karan Malhi, Erik Bengtson, Matthew Adams, Craig Russell

1. Test status (Michael W) Current count appid alltests: 12 failures,
22 errors dsid alltests: 12 failures 22 errors. 28 configurations; 6
failures Inheritance 2, inheritance 3, and alltests. Logging patch is
now checked in; wiki is updated with LoggingDetails.

2. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) Significant progress on relationships and
alltests.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change.

4. Other  issues and status (any and all)

New structure for query testing being worked on by Michael and
Michael. Additional packages for testing SQL, and result handling.
Multiple wiki pages will be set up and then the new package structure
will be implemented. Michelle will add instructions on "how to write
a test case" to the site.

New assertions: Michelle has updated the assertions document and
checked it in. The spec now contains the updated assertions as well.

Issue with logging: more and more directories with timestamp. Karan
will see if it makes sense to automate the removal of old log
directories.

The project needs a high level overview that tells new people what's
current, what's the plan in more detail.

Review of open issues in JIRA, if time permits

To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on TheServerSide
directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI: Craig write a
ServerSide article.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-131 Property to turn off cleanup after test. Karan
Malhi will take a look.

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-130 Wrong instance returned from Employee Insurance
should be fixed. But 1-1 relationship test still fails. AI: Karan
Malhi. [Sep 2 2005]: JDO-127 Circular references are not stored
properly. Andy says it's a JPOX issue, should be fixed. Karan Malhi
to verify.

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-128 JPOX issue should be fixed. AI Karan Malhi to
verify.

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-121 ADPG_IDX is not a column AI Michelle to send
email summarizing the issue

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-109 Should be closed. AI: Craig to close. Closed.

[Aug 26 2005] AI: Company model to test persistent interface instance
creation and persistent abstract class instance creation
(pm.newInstance(PersistenceCapable.class). AI: Craig add a new entry
to the TechnologyCompatibilityKit table and a new page for the
function description. Done. Looking for feedback (thanks, Michael) Done.

[Aug 26 2005] AI Brian McCallister (because he isn't on the
conference call). [Aug 26 2005]  The catalog and schema attribute
overrides are not mentioned for the package element. Spec update
required. AI Craig. In progress. Done. Sent spec update.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 23, 9 am PDT

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi, Karan,

Karan Malhi wrote:

>>Multiple maven goals in trunk: clean, build tck20; clean, build ri11;
>>clean, build ri20. But the build target for tck20 also (re)installs schema.
>>Would like to have a maven goal that builds dependencies as well. AI Karan
>>will look into build dependencies in sister projects. Only shows up when
>>working on two projects at once, and making a change in one project affects
>>a sister project.
>>

>tck20.build goal provides this functionality. Only thing is that it installs
>a schema each time you try to build it, i suggest we can provide a switch
>like maven -DinstallSchema=true, false could be the default. When i look at
>this problem, it seems that we are trying to duplicate the functionality we
>have in the trunk maven.xml into sub-projects.
>Let me know what you think on this?

If we want the default to be false, we may as well just redefine the
build goal so it does NOT install the schema, and use the maven goal
installSchema when we do want to install:
  maven installSchema build

However, I believe the default for build must be to install the schema
because build also runs the tck.  The scenario for  build is that you
are starting clean and need to do everything.  Otherwise you would do
"maven runtck.jdori", which would recompile if necessary, re-enhance if
necessary, and run the tests.

This issue came up when Matthew wanted a goal that simply recompiled all
of the tck20 dependent projects and create jar files where needed.
Maybe the solution is to create a goal in trunk/maven.xml called
jdo20.default which executes the default goals in each project.  This
will just compile and create a jar file in each project. The only
difference you would see for the dependent projects is that javadoc
would not be generated for api20. You would then have to run "maven
<options> runtck.jdori" in tck20 if you are debugging and want to run
one or more tests. But all the dependencies would have been build.

>Maven console issue (Karan) Patch was sent around for review. The patch
>

>>changes the jelly:console goal, which is a problem. Probably better to
>>create a new jdo:console goal taking code from the jelly:console goal. Karan
>>will resubmit the patch and Michelle will test it out.
>>

>I have asked Brett Porter to make a change in the maven console plugin. The
>issue has been fixed and the plugin has been updated in the svn repository
>of the maven console plugin project. Soon it should be on ibiblio from where
>we can install using download:plugin

This is great!  Please remind me, will we need to make any other changes
to tck20 for this to work, and do I still have an action item here?

>6. Sequence tests status (Craig, Karan) Probably going to drop sequence
>

>>factory from the specification. Testing of the other sequence assertions in
>>in progress.
>>

>[Sep 2 2005]: We think it's a good idea to put a default maven goal into
>

>>jdo/trunk that tells users what the structure is of the project. Add a maven
>>goal that builds the JDO 2 stuff or the JDO 1 stuff. Is there a way to
>>define a maven multi-project with a specific list of projects. Point users
>>to the README and other important items. AI: Michelle file a JIRA issue.
>>[Michael B. did some of this. What do we still need?]
>>

>I think Michael has already put in what was required. Of course, this help
>can keep changing as the project evolves, but in my opinion, this issue is
>resolved.
>
>[Sep 2 2005]: Issue with logging: more and more directories with timestamp.
>

>>Karan will see if it makes sense to automate the removal of old log
>>directories. [Is this issue dead?]
>>

>I dont think we need a separate goal/switch to remove log folders, rm -rf
>should take care of it. I think this issue is resolved.

Okay, I will remove from the list for the next meeting.

>[Sep 2 2005]: The project needs a high level overview that tells new people
>

>>what's current, what's the plan in more detail.
>>

>Michelle has been updating the wiki with some really nice information.
>[Are we more or less satisfied with what we have now?]
>Definitely.

Cool!  Thanks for your responses.

-- Michelle

Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 23, 9 am PDT

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Matthew Adams, Karan
Malhi, Michael Watzek, Martin Zaun, Craig Russell

Agenda:

AI Matthew: update documentation to reflect that jdo.tck.cfglist
takes a list of .conf files.

1. Test status (Michael W) Some progress: 6 of 28 configurations
fail; 395 tests appid 11 failures 22 errors; dsid 12 failures 21
errors. Lost an erroneous test: GetOptimistic had wrong assertion id;
dropped as duplicate.

2. Detached objects (Matthew) Wrote detachAllOnCommit test; trying to
test it.

Separate issue: The Implementation Under Test maven goals have not
had any testing. AI: Matthew try to run runtck:iut against xcalia.

Multiple maven goals in trunk: clean, build tck20; clean, build ri11;
clean, build ri20. But the build target for tck20 also (re)installs
schema. Would like to have a maven goal that builds dependencies as
well. AI Karan will look into build dependencies in sister projects.
Only shows up when working on two projects at once, and making a
change in one project affects a sister project.

3. Query tests (Michael, Michael) Refactored existing query tests.
Completing the query test table in wiki. Check it out. Question: Is
the phone number table sufficient to test the Map functions? Yes, for
now. Question: SQL queries: any datastore identity tests? No. What
about including parameters in grouping and ordering: Spec issue.

4. Fieldtypes/metadata tests (Michelle) JPOX implemented order
attribute for Collection. But still some issue running the tests.
Previous bugs were closed; new bug was filed.

5. Maven console issue (Karan) Patch was sent around for review. The
patch changes the jelly:console goal, which is a problem. Probably
better to create a new jdo:console goal taking code from the
jelly:console goal. Karan will resubmit the patch and Michelle will
test it out.

6. Sequence tests status (Craig, Karan) Probably going to drop
sequence factory from the specification. Testing of the other
sequence assertions in in progress.

7. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) some progress last week.

8. Other  issues and status (any and all)

Martin: Enhancer for JDK 1.5 issue. Seems to be an issue in the model
having to do with order of class initialization. Martin and Michael
Bouschen will discuss offline.

9.Review of new or updated issues in JIRA, if time permits

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 2 2005]: We think it's a good idea to put a default maven goal
into jdo/trunk that tells users what the structure is of the project.
Add a maven goal that builds the JDO 2 stuff or the JDO 1 stuff. Is
there a way to define a maven multi-project with a specific list of
projects. Point users to the README and other important items. AI:
Michelle file a JIRA issue. [Michael B. did some of this.  What do we
still need?]

[Sep 2 2005]: Issue with logging: more and more directories with
timestamp. Karan will see if it makes sense to automate the removal
of old log directories.  [Is this issue dead?]

[Sep 2 2005]: The project needs a high level overview that tells new
people what's current, what's the plan in more detail. [Are we more
or less satisfied with what we have now?]

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
Craig write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the
incubator alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions
how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on
creating a maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] Is there any way to indicate from maven whether a set
of configurations was successful? Not the way it's set up. AI:
Michael file a JIRA on this. [Isn't this done??]

Re: Patch for review: multiproject build (was: Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 7, 9 am PDT)

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Michael,

Looks good

Craig

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Michael,

Looks good.  I tested tck20.default and it works fine.  Thanks!

-- Michelle

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Matthew Adams, Michelle Caisse, Michael Watzek, Martin Zaun,
Geoff Hendrey.

Agenda:

Test status - 6 of 28 configurations fail. The alltests configuration
has 5 failures, 14 errors of 397, an improvement from last week.

Detached objects - Matthew commited changes to api 2.0 project last
week, adding (detachAllOnCommit(), close()). He got one simple test
running. He raised a use case on jdo-experts regarding the expected
behavior when a transient instance that references a detached object is
made persistent.

Query tests - Michael Watzek filed a number of new issues for adding
query tests and attached patches for keywords, operaters, new  methods.
Implemented variables & new parameters, but has not submitted the
patches yet. So far there are about 30 new tests, about half of which
fail or throw an error.

Inheritance tests - Michael sent email to Andy regarding a proposal to
drop the identity types on the PK columns of persons, fulltimeemployees,
and parttimeemployees and instead use an implementation-defined sequence
to generate unique PK. He is awaiting a response.

Multiproject build - Michelle proposes that we should create a new
multiproject goal that invokes the default goal of each TCK subproject.
This will compile all code, but not install the schema or run tests for
TCK20.

Maven console - Awaiting feedback from Karan on what else if anything
needs to be done.

ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 - With MB's check-in of last week, the
enhancer runs the same with jdk 1.3, 1.4, 1.5.  However, JUnit api11
tests for security manager tests fail. This needs investigation. Also
need to test that 1.5 features actually work. Prliminary work reveals no
problems here.

fieldtypes tests - Lots of progress has been made on resolving issues
causing these tests to fail. The latest JPOX build will reveal where we
now stand.

Michael noticed that Query class in api20 is missing setRange(String s).
 AI: Michael to file JIRA.

Geoff is available to work on some tests.  He will start with JDO-141.
AI Michelle to send Geoff pointers to How-to, maven & svn information.

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 14, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Martin Zaun, Michael Bouschen, Michael
Watzek, Craig Russell

1. Test status (Michael W) 6 configurations of 28 fail; Alltests
status: 405 tests; 8 failures; 15 errors.

2. Query tests (Michael W) Patches for 156, 157, 158, 159 and 168
have been reviewed and the infrastructure has been checked in.
Patches need to be reviewed for 162 language changes. Bugs have been
filed for JPOX issues encountered.

3. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Model issues: can PC
classes be loaded by the bootstrap class loader? Yes. Can PC classes
be looked up by "any" model or only the model associated with the
class loader of the class? General agreement that yes, this should be
done. Implications for the public model accessors. AI: Michael will
work on the fix.

JDK 1.5 support: Test classes currently do not use 1.5 features but
can be compiled with -target 1.5 and they work with ri11. When
compiling with -source 1.5 there are some issues. AI: Martin will
start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to be linked by the web site. Many
1.5 features work, such as auto-boxing and foreach. Still some issues
with signatures (overlaid generic type system).

4. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) no status update, although good progress
is being made.

Question on how to file/resolve JPOX issues. Should we have a
separate category in the Apache JDO JIRA for JPOX issues? Currently
we file them under the tck20 category. Craig opines that this is
working well, especially considering that in the early stages of a
bug we don't really know whether it is a tck bug or a JPOX bug.
Suggestions can be sent to the jdo-dev alias.

5. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Mostly done except for Map
types; AI: everyone review the CollectionMapping wiki that Michelle
sent out.

AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has into a list of
features that are/are not  not supported.

AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.

6. Javadoc on web site (Craig) Ready for testing. Includes a
disclaimer that Apache JDO is incubating before you can access the
javadoc. Now includes downloadable .zip containing the javadoc so you
can either browse online or download.

7. Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress. Several things
need to be updated, including project.properties, project.xml and
maven.xml.

8. Named queries in metadata. Element query unique and result-class.
Should we have tests? No.

9. API20 is missing setRange(String). AI: Craig update the api
project. Do it soon. JIRA issue JDO-181.

Minutes for JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 28, 9 am PDT

Posted by Martin Zaun <Ma...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michael Watzek, Martin Zaun, Karan Malhi

Michelle Caisse wrote:
> Test status (Michael W)

Michael W.:
   446 tests for application identity, 8 failing, 24 errors.
   446 tests for database identity, 8 failing, 22 errors.
   6 out of 28 configurations are failing.

> Query tests (Michael W)

Michael W.
- filed bug 194 (for 161) against jpox
- need to file a bug for 162 against jpox
- checked in patches for 161 and 162
- prepared patch for 163 (Michael B. is reviewing next week)
- started on a patch for 164

Michael B. noticed these query issues:
- jpox doesn't seem to allow for using static fields in queries
   (e.g. Integer.maxValue).  Will send email to discuss.
- jpox doesn't seem to report an error when comparing a character
   field with a string literal of more than one character.  Will
   send email to discuss whether this is the correct behaviour.

> Plans for work JDO-188 (Karan)

Karan will not be able to volunteer on this issue for the next
couple of weeks.

> Detached objects (Matthew)

Not discussed.

> getObjectsById tests (Geoff)

Not discussed.

> ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin)

Martin:
- created issue 195 and send a patch for review
- the patch does contain the classfile library support for signature
   attributes, but not the enhancer core changes to generate signatures
   for the JDO accessor, mutator, and jdoCopyField methods, which needs
   further discussion and might be addressed by a second patch.

> JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)

Not discussed.

> Other  issues and status (any and all)

Michael W. suggests that the person who created a JIRA issue shall
also promote it from 'resolved' to 'closed'.

Karan and Michael B. noticed that ANTL 1.7.5 lib was temporarily
removed from the ibiblio repository.  We learn from this that against
our expectation, (old) jar files may disappear from ibiblio.  Karan
will send an email to a maven expert.  To be discussed at next week's
meeting.

> Action Items from weeks past:
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Model  issues:
> can PC  classes be loaded by the bootstrap class loader? Yes.  Can PC
> classes  be looked up by "any" model or only the model  associated with
> the  class loader of the class? General agreement  that yes, this should
> be  done. Implications for the public model  accessors. AI: Michael
> will  work on the fix.

Done. Michael B. checked in the classloader model changes fixing the
security manager tests.

> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Martin will  start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to
> be linked by the web site.

In progress.  Created and linked Wiki pages for testing JDK 1.5 features
and the issues with PC classes of generic type and generating signature
attributes.  The later Wiki page needs further comments by Martin.

> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has
> into a list of  features that are/are not  not supported.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.
> Several things  need to be updated, including project.properties,
> project.xml and  maven.xml.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: API20 is missing setRange(String). AI: Craig update  the
> api  project. Do it soon. JIRA issue JDO-181.

Done.

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 4, 9 am PST

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
1. Test status (Michael W) 6 configs fail of 28.  alltests: 5 F 15 E /
448 app & ds identity

> 2. Query tests (Michael W)

MW submitted second patch for JDO-163. Continued working on 164.  Need
improved result check for floats   Methods should be generic and
available to other tests outside the query package.  Fixed query bugs
reported by Andy.  AI MB to ask Andy to file JIRA issue.  Problem may
actually be the equals method of the persistent object.

> 3. ANTLR 2.7.5 lib in ibiblio repository (Karan)

Jar had disappeared from ibibli, but is back again.  We're okay for now,
but need to keep in mind that there could be an issue in the future.  No
action required now

> 4. Detached objects (Matthew)

No change.

> 5. getObjectsById tests (Geoff)

No change

> 6. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin)

MB checked in model changes needed by Martin. Need to use
maven.compile.source, maven.compile.target whenever we call javac in our
build scripts. These set java version for source and byte code.  This
may explain failure Martin reported by email.  AI Martin: fix build
scripts. AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDO 1.5 issues.

> 7. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)

No issues reported. Lots of improvements in error rate.

> 8. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle)

Checked in the remaining metadata for Map *StringKeyValue classes.
Changed metadata in all failing tests to define the implementated or
instantiated type (SimpleClass) for all Object or SimpleInterface
fields. This fixes the error, revealing some typos in metadata or schema
(JDO-200), and a problem with one test class (JDO-201). The only
remaining problem is that there is no metadata available to inform the
implementation about the implemented or instantiated type for arrays
(JDO-98).

> 9. Other  issues and status (any and all)

Augmentation testing for extending behavior

Currently we have tests that the enhanced classes have the correct
methods and signatures.  No tests that the methods have the correct
behavior.. Martin is using a dynamic proxy to implement a mock state
manager.  Checks that methods are correctly delegated to state manager
and checks pre and post conditions.

> Action Items from weeks past:
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Martin will  start a Wiki page with 1.5 issues, to
> be linked by the web site. [Was in progress.]

Still in progress.  One page on test enhancements complete and open for
discussion, another will be written [see item 6 above.]

> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Michelle distill the mapping support that JPOX has
> into a list of  features that are/are not  not supported.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: AI: Craig discuss mapping options with expert group.
>
> [Oct 14 2005]: Push jars to Apache repository (Craig) In progress.
> Several things  need to be updated, including project.properties,
> project.xml and  maven.xml.
>
> [Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
> TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
> Craig write a ServerSide article.
>
> [Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
> release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the
> incubator alias.
>
> [Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions
> how to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on
> creating a maven package.
>
> [July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
> include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]
>
> [July 29 2005] (Craig, Brian T.) Need some permissions that Brian is
> working on.
>
> [Jul 8]  Double-check locking in the PMF (Martin) Martin has
> implemented and will check in.
>
> [April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will update the wiki to tell how to
> access our releases area.
>
> [April 15 2005] AI Brian Topping will do the maven goal for creating and
> uploading the snapshots. He will create a directory parallel to trunk
> called "releases" and put the snapshots there.
>
> [May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will implement pushing SNAPSHOT builds of
> the project to ibiblio.
>
> [May 13 2005] AI Brian Topping will arrange for automated nightly
> builds.
>
> [May 13 2005] AI Martin Zaun will investigate JSR 294 (Java 5) to see
> impact on enhancer.
>
> [May 20 2005] AI Craig to define the JCP distributions and see if maven
> can help.

-- Michelle

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 4, 9 am PST

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, October 21  at 9 am PST to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W)
2. Query tests (Michael W)
3. ANTL 1.7.5 lib in ibiblio repository (Karan)
4. Detached objects (Matthew)

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Oct 21, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Martin Zaun, Karan Malhi, Craig Russell

1. Test status (Michelle)

2. Query tests (Michael) new tests have been checked in along with
some JPOX bugs filed in JIRA.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change.

4. getObjectsById tests (Geoff) no change.

5. ri11 enhancer support for jdk 1.5 (Martin) Lots of investigation
and implementation for new class byte codes. Fields of generic types
seem to work. Persistent classes of generic types have some usage
issues more than implementation issues. AI: Discuss use cases of
PC<Generic> on the wiki pages. Both specification issues and test
case issues. For example, can we compile the tests using JDK 1.3? One
patch without "signature" and another with just the "signature" support.

6. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) some progress.

7. Fieldtypes test status (Michelle) Updated tests have been checked
in. JPOX doesn't support some of the mappings. A few classes remain,
e.g. Map<PC, String>.

8. Other  issues and status (any and all)

Model issues that were exposed by the JDK 1.5 issues. AI: Michael
Bouschen is preparing a general solution to the model issue.

Maven console plugin: AI Karan to send instructions on updating maven
jelly plugin. New users of maven will get the jelly plugin update
automatically.

Next week October 28 Martin will host the meeting. Craig and Michelle
will be in transit.

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, October 21  at 9 am PDT to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

Test status (Michelle)
Query tests (Michael)
Detached objects (Matthew)

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, October 7  at 9 am PDT to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

Test status (Michael W)
Detached objects (Matthew)
Query tests (Michael W)
Inheritance issues (Michael W)
Multiproject build without installSchema (Michelle, Karan)
Maven console -- remainings issues? (Karan)

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 30, 9 am PDT

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, September 30  at 9 am PDT to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

Test status (Michael W)
Detached objects (Matthew)
Query tests (Michael, Michael)
Maven console issue (Karan)
[...]

people what's current, what's the plan in more detail. [Are we more or
less satisfied with what we have now?]

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI: Craig
write a ServerSide article.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the incubator
alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions how
to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on creating a
maven package.

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] Is there any way to indicate from maven whether a set of
configurations was successful? Not the way it's set up. AI: Michael file
a JIRA on this. [Isn't this done??]

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 16, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Michelle Caisse, Michael Watzek, Matthew
Adams, Erik Bengtson, Martin Zaun, Karan Mahli, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W) No progress on test status. 6
configurations fail; 12 failures 22 errors; same as last week. AI:
Michelle and Craig take a closer look at the collections errors.

2. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) no change.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change. Plan is to adapt JPOX unit
tests to make them detach test cases.

4. Query tests (Michael, Michael) Michael W put proposal into wiki.
TCK page QueryTests describes test assertions and strategy. New
packages for query tests. Not quite finished, but needs to be reviewed.

5. Sequence tests (Karan) Has some code working. Will continue
working on the strategy. JPOX doesn't support sequences in orm file,
only jdo file. Learning experience to follow Michelle's step-by-step.
More discussion over email. JPOX creates a sequence table if one
doesn't exist.

6. Other  issues and status (any and all)

We think it's a good idea to put a default maven goal into jdo/trunk
that tells users what the structure is of the project. Add a maven
goal that builds the JDO 2 stuff or the JDO 1 stuff. Is there a way
to define a maven multi-project with a specific list of projects.
Point users to the README and other important items. AI: Michelle
file a JIRA issue.

Maven console issue: AI Karan will investigate.

7. Review of new or updated issues in JIRA, if time permits

[...]

the functionality yet. Done.

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
  Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, September 16  at 9 am PDT to
discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:

866 230-6968   294-0479#
International: +1 865 544-7856

Agenda:

Test status (Michael W)
JPOX fixes/issues (Erik)
Detached objects (Matthew)
Query tests (Michael, Michael)
Sequence tests (Karan)
Other  issues and status (any and all)
Review of new or updated issues in JIRA, if time permits

Action Items from weeks past:

[Sep 2 2005]: Issue with logging: more and more directories with
timestamp. Karan will see if it makes sense to automate the removal of
old log directories.

[Sep 2 2005]: The project needs a high level overview that tells new
people what's current, what's the plan in more detail.

[Sep 2 2005]: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI: Craig
write a ServerSide article.

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-131 Property to turn off cleanup after test. Karan
Malhi will take a look. Done

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-130 Wrong instance returned from Employee Insurance
should be fixed. But 1-1 relationship test still fails. AI: Karan Malhi.
Done, issue closed

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-127 Circular references are not stored properly. Andy
says it's a JPOX issue, should be fixed. Karan Malhi to verify. Done,
issue closed

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-128 JPOX issue should be fixed. AI Karan Malhi to
verify. Done

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-121 ADPG_IDX is not a column AI Michelle to send email
summarizing the issue Done by Craig

[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-109 Should be closed. AI: Craig to close. Closed.

[Aug 26 2005] AI: Company model to test persistent interface instance
creation and persistent abstract class instance creation
(pm.newInstance(PersistenceCapable.class). AI: Craig add a new entry to
the TechnologyCompatibilityKit table and a new page for the function
description. Done. Looking for feedback (thanks, Michael) Done.

[Aug 26 2005] AI Brian McCallister (because he isn't on the conference
call). [Aug 26 2005]  The catalog and schema attribute overrides are not
mentioned for the package element. Spec update required. AI Craig. In
progress. Done. Sent spec update.

[Aug 12 2005] AI: Craig to propose release of API20 and the entire 11
release (API, RI, TCK). This generated a large response on the incubator
alias.

[Aug 5 2005] AI Brian McCallister can send info on the instructions how
to sync Apache and ibiblio.  Re: Brian Topping needs info on creating a
maven package.

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Karan: Issue with maven: renaming JPOX releases to
SNAPSHOT. Need to update the README file and project.xml file. Done

[Aug 5 2005] AI: Geoff look into alternative ways to get this project.
Re: Maven needs to checkout files from netbeans, not documented well. Done

[July 29 2005] AI: Michelle Chapter 18 wiki needs to be updated to
include all JDO metadata elements and attributes. [not done]

[July 29 2005] Inheritance proposal sent around by Michael. Needs to be
reviewed. 5 inheritance strategies. AI: Craig forward proposal to expert
group. Done

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks for the status report, Malhi!  We will look forward to talking to
you again next week.  -- Michelle

Posted by karan malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michelle,

I may not be able to dial in today (because of the training assignment i
am in). The following issues were assigned to me and i have added my
comments
[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-131 Property to turn off cleanup after test. Karan
Malhi will take a look. -- NOT DONE YET, I AM STILL TRYING TO UNDERSTAND
THE WAY TESTS ARE DESIGNED AND HOW MAVEN RUNS THEM (because of lack of
maven knowledge) . IF IT IS VERY URGENT, PLEASE ASSIGN IT TO SOMEBODY
BECAUSE I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GET IT DONE UNTIL NEXT WEEK.
[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-130 Wrong instance returned from Employee Insurance
should be fixed. But 1-1 relationship test still fails. AI: Karan Malhi.
[Sep 2 2005]: JDO-127 Circular references are not stored properly. Andy
says it's a JPOX issue, should be fixed. Karan Malhi to verify.  -- TEST
PASSES

--
Karan Singh

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 9, 9 am PDT

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 2, 9 am PDT

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Michael Watsek, Martin
Zaun, Erik Bengtson, Karan Malhi, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Test status (Michael W) 22 configurations 14 fail. Application
identity 396 17 failures Datastore identity 23 errors 16 failures 24
errors. Relationships 3 of 6 pass. Inheritance: 1 of 4 passes.

If vendors' IUT use JDK 1.4 logging, how can they use our logging
infrastructure? Michael W sent a patch; needs review. Michael will
check in logging patch on Monday.

2. JPOX fixes/issues (Erik) Busy implementing persistent interfaces.
Remaining things to implement for JDO2 are updates to the query
languages and persistent interfaces.

3. Detached objects (Matthew) no change

4. Testing persistent interfaces. Wiki page created and awaiting
review. Micheal B reviewed it already.

5. Review of open issues in JIRA, if time permits

JDO-131 Property to turn off cleanup after test. Karan Malhi will
take a look.
JDO-130 Wrong instance returned from Employee Insurance should be
fixed. But 1-1 relationship test still fails. AI: Karan Malhi.
JDO-127 Circular references are not stored properly. Andy says it's a
JPOX issue, should be fixed. Karan Malhi to verify.
JDO-128 JPOX issue should be fixed. AI Karan Malhi to verify.
JDO-117 jdoNewObjectIdInstance is inadequate. In progress.
JDO-125 Serialized elements
JDO-124 DTDs need schema and catalog added to API20
JDO-123 DTD needs primary-key
JDO-122 Collection field types need to be remapped