Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by _zachary_ <zd...@mac.com> on 2008/06/13 18:35:18 UTC

fop-trunk nonbreaking spaces

Hey Guys,

Before I talk about my new issue, I wanted to thank you all so much for your
help, it has saved my life :D.

Alright, so, I'm having an issue with non-breaking spaces i one of my lines.
If I put three &nbsp; at the beginning of a line, followed by some text, and
then an fo:inline with italic, the words overlap where the inline fo object
is.

e.g.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Hello this is my test of boots <fo:inline
font-style="italic">italic floating</fo:inline> testing.

Now then, when you actually create a pdf out of this example you will notice
that "italic floating" overlaps boots.  Why would this happen and is there
anything I can do to fix this, other than removing the &nbsp;'s?  Thank you
all sooo much.

zach

RE: fop-trunk nonbreaking spaces

Posted by _zachary_ <zd...@mac.com>.
Alright Sean,

I have narrowed the issue down to my FONT!??  When I use DejaVu that overlap
happens, however whenever I use the default font it looks fine. BIZARRE.  If
you have any ideas as to why that would be a great help, otherwise it looks
like i'm going to have to use the default font.

thank you for your help

zach

Posted by "Griffin,Sean" <SG...@CERNER.COM>.
Excert from FO document:

<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body"><fo:block>Test</fo:block><fo:block>&#x00A0;&#x00A0;&#x00A0;"Hello this is my test of boots <fo:inline font-style="italic">italic floating</fo:inline> testing.</fo:block></fo:flow>

Posted by _zachary_ <zd...@mac.com>.
Hey Sean,

Posted by "Griffin,Sean" <SG...@CERNER.COM>.

Posted by _zachary_ <zd...@mac.com>.