Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by brodyc <cw...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/08/22 19:21:21 UTC

Http Tunneling in activemq

Can anyone comment on how to configure HttpTunneling in activemq. From what
I've been able to find in forums and the web is that there is a
HttpTunnelServlet on the server side and it delegates messages to a queue
per description found in HttpTunnelServlet.java:

/**
 * A servlet which handles server side HTTP transport, delegating to the
 * ActiveMQ broker. This servlet is designed for being embedded inside an
 * ActiveMQ Broker using an embedded Jetty or Tomcat instance.
 *
 * @version $Revision$
 */

How do you embed this servlet in the activemq broker using jetty? I am a bit
lost on a details how to accomplish this.  I've tried the following in my
activemq config file

      <transportConnector uri="http://localhost:62302"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector uri="static:(http://localhost:62301)"/>
    </networkConnectors>

but the broker on startup throws the following:

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: C:\dev\incubator-activemq-4.0.1\bin\..
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ 4.0.1 JMS Message Broker
(receiv
er) is starting
INFO  BrokerService                  - For help or more information please
see:
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
INFO  ManagementContext              - JMX consoles can connect to
service:jmx:r
mi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi
:INFO:  Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
:INFO:  Started SocketConnector @ localhost:62302
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector http://localhost:62302
Started
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Establishing network connection
between f
rom vm://receiver?network=true to http://localhost:62301
INFO  VMTransportFactory             - binding to broker: receiver
INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://receiver Started
INFO  DemandForwardingBridge         - Starting a network connection between
vm:
//receiver#0 and HTTP Reader http://localhost:62301 has been established.
INFO  NetworkConnector               - Network Connector bridge Started
INFO  BrokerService                  - ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker
(receiver, ID
:cwiklikt40-3482-1156264910927-0:0) started
WARN  HttpClientTransport            - Failed to perform GET on:
http://localhos
t:62301 due to: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:372)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:233)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:220)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:378)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.c
reateSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:86)

I suspect that this is caused by the fact that the jetty is not started. If
possible I appreciate a step-by-step instruction for what needs to be done
to enable tunneling with activemq. I'd prefer embedding jetty in the
activemq broker as opposed to running it as separate process.

Thanks

Re: Http Tunneling in activemq

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
You can just add a transport connector to the ActiveMQ.xml file as follows

<transportConnector uri="http://localhost:8080"/>

which will deploy an embedded Jetty to deal with the HTTP tunnelling for you

On 8/22/06, brodyc <cw...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:233)
>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:220)
>         at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:378)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:536)
>         at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:486)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:394)
>         at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:207)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.c
> reateSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:86)
>
> I suspect that this is caused by the fact that the jetty is not started. If
> possible I appreciate a step-by-step instruction for what needs to be done
> to enable tunneling with activemq. I'd prefer embedding jetty in the
> activemq broker as opposed to running it as separate process.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/