Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Anton Krall <ak...@intruder.com.mx> on 2005/08/19 16:36:39 UTC

Sudden Increase in Spam Mails

Guys.

Is it just me or has spam increased for the past few days? Its like amavis
and SA are not caching a lot anymore...

Any ideas?

Re: Sudden Increase in Spam Mails

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Loren Wilton" <lw...@earthlink.net>

>> Is it just me or has spam increased for the past few days? Its like
>> amavis
>> and SA are not caching a lot anymore...
>
> Haven't seen it here, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.  Different people
> seem to get different kinds of spam.

Actually in the last two to four days caught spam has jumped by about
50%. This has sort of surprised me a little.

It seemed to dip dramatically for a week after the Russian was killed.
It also dipped some after $7 million was pulled from a pocket. And it
was down until just this week when it's been climbing about 10% to 15%
per day as if a new spam organization is up or there is a huge spate of
new zombie machines.

{^_^}

Re: Sudden Increase in Spam Mails

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Is it just me or has spam increased for the past few days? Its like amavis
> and SA are not caching a lot anymore...

Haven't seen it here, but that doesn't mean a whole lot.  Different people
seem to get different kinds of spam.

        Loren

Re: Sudden Increase in Spam Mails

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
You need to setup your trusted networks properly. Visit the wiki in this
regard. Look for trusted_networks and internal_networks.

I had to set mine something like...
trusted_networks 192.168/16 127/8 207.217.121/24
internal_networks 192.168/16

207.217.121/24 is the address for the Earthlink pop3 servers I use.

{^_^}
Posted by Anton Krall <ak...@intruder.com.mx>.

#

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.