Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/07 16:29:05 UTC

WebResource and how it works

Hi,

I just need to be clear on some things. When reading the doc on Resource it
states that  "Resources themselves do not currently have URLs. Instead, they
are referred to by components that have URLs."

Let's say I have created a mypanel that extends panel. I implement my own
DynamicWebresource and I make it available by doing
Application.get().getSharedResources().add( mypanel.class.getName() , new
MyDynamicResource());

Does this mean that I can make an Ajax request to getPage().urlFor(
mypanel.class.getName() ) and return the getData() of
DynamicWebResource.ResourceState in MyDynamicResource?
The reason why I'm asking is that some browsers does not get the url for the
panel.

// Mathias