Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Aaron Zeckoski <aa...@vt.edu> on 2009/06/11 06:32:48 UTC

Minimal CXF osgi bundle to use JAXRS

I have looked over the stuff here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jax-rs.html
and here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/distribution/bundle/jaxrs/pom.xml

but I can't find anything about an OSGi bundle (ideally a single
bundle but a set of bundles would be ok) which would let me use JAXRS
in my OSGi container (ideally with a whiteboard pattern where I just
register Resources into the service pool and CXF picks them up and
exposes the ReST endpoints).
Many thanks if anyone can provide a link or helpful info.
:-)
-AZ

--
Aaron Zeckoski (azeckoski (at) vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University

Re: Minimal CXF osgi bundle to use JAXRS

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Hi Aaron

At the moment the DOSGi JAX-RS integration code won't recognize "javax.ws.rs.resource".
I was kind of unsure whether it would make much difference to the bunldes which may want to (indirectly) interact with
DOSGi given that "javax.ws.rs.resource" is not a property which would say be recognized by multiple DOSGI implementations or various
products which can say expose a service as a RESTful resource.
So, it seems the following is equivalent at the moment :

"javax.ws.rs.resource=true" or "service.exposed.configs=org.apache.cxf.rs"

given that shortly it will be possible to move these properties away from the code or individual bundle manifests to a resource
which would be visible to DOSGi and which would use wildcards to apply a property like "service.exposed.configs=org.apache.cxf.rs"
to a number of service implementations.

Having said all this I'm still open to the idea of "javax.ws.rs.resource=true". We need to think more about it and see how things
will evolve. I'll keep you up-to-date

thanks, Sergey

Posted by Aaron Zeckoski <aa...@vt.edu>.

Posted by Aaron Zeckoski <aa...@vt.edu>.