Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christer Edvartsen <co...@starzinger.net> on 2011/02/03 09:32:30 UTC

Importing a git repos to subversion

At work we use Subversion, and one of the developers have been
developing a project for a while in an external git repos (he started
the project when he was a consultant).

Is there any way to import this into a new svn repos keeping history and
everything?

--
Christer Edvartsen
cogo@starzinger.net

Re: Importing a git repos to subversion

Posted by shrinivasan <sh...@collab.net>.

>> At work we use Subversion, and one of the developers have been
>> developing a project for a while in an external git repos (he
>> started
>> the project when he was a consultant).
>>
>> Is there any way to import this into a new svn repos keeping
>> history and
>> everything?
>>
> I think you can use git-svn to push a git repo to an svn repo.

yes, git-svn is a better solution.

read here.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html
http://utsl.gen.nz/talks/git-svn/intro.html

Regards,
Shrinivasan
CollabNet Support

RE: Importing a git repos to subversion

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> At work we use Subversion, and one of the developers have been
> developing a project for a while in an external git repos (he
> started
> the project when he was a consultant).
>
> Is there any way to import this into a new svn repos keeping
> history and
> everything?

I think you can use git-svn to push a git repo to an svn repo.

BOb