Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Hu...@immi.gov.au on 2006/01/09 23:46:23 UTC

Re: How to supress the attached namespace to every element in the XML output [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Thanks David,

Sample output :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<iisRetrieveProofOfIdentityResponse xmlns:dc="
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:ecore="
http://XXXXXXXX/Namespace/Enterprise/Core/V3.0" xmlns:pm="
http://XXXXXXXX/Namespace/Enterprise/Errors/V3.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:icore="
http://XXXXXXXX/Namespace/IntegrityServices/Core/V3.0" xmlns:is="
http://XXXXXXXX/Namespace/IntegrityServices/Messages/V3.0"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="
http://XXXXXXXX/Namespace/ICSE/Messages/BR1/iisRetrieveProofOfIdentityResponse.xsd
" total_records_nr="1">
      <ecore:ServiceResponse xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns="http://XXXXXXXX/Namespace/IntegrityServices/Messages/V3.0">
            <ecore:RequestorSystemTimestamp>2006-01-09T09:58:01</
ecore:RequestorSystemTimestamp>
      </ecore:ServiceResponse>
      <TravelDocumentDetails>
            <ecore:TravelDocumentDetails>
                  <ecore:TravelDocumentTypeCode xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="
http://XXXXXXXX/Namespace/IntegrityServices/Messages/V3.0">01</
ecore:TravelDocumentTypeCode>

We even want to supress the namespaces in the heading not used in the
document reference for performance. As an MVS sysprog for so many years, I
am in the situation of proving IBM mainframe is the corporate solution for
the organisation. I truly want the first implementation going as smooth as
possible. All help are very appreciated.

Regards,
Hung Chu

             David Bertoni
             <dbertoni@apache.
             org>                                                       To
                                            xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org
             10/01/2006 09:11                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                            Re: How to supress the
             Please respond to              attached namespace to every
             xalan-c-users@xml              element in the XML output
                .apache.org                 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
                                                           Protective Mark

Hung.Chu@immi.gov.au wrote:
> Hi Xalan-C users,
>
> 1. We are implementing the Xalan-C++  XSLT transform on IBM mainframe
> through IBM XML toolkit.
>
> 2. Sample program has been modifed to do the transform seems working so
far
> in testing.
>
> 3. We now have difficulty to supress the attached namespace to every
> element in the XML output message. Is there any option to supress it ?
>
> 4. I have looked through some FAQs but have not found the resolution yet.

Please post a _small_ sample input document and stylesheet that
illustrates the problem you're seeing, and someone may be able to answer
your question.

> 5. Is there any document to list all switches of options and how to use
> them ?

The processor generates namespace declarations when they are required by
the XSLT recommendation, so there is no "switch" you can use to change
this behavior.

Dave

Re: How to supress the attached namespace to every element in the XML output

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Hung.Chu@immi.gov.au wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> Sample output :

But I didn't ask for sample output.  I asked for a small sample input
document and a small sample stylesheet:

> > Please post a _small_ sample input document and stylesheet that
> > illustrates the problem you're seeing, and someone may be able to
> > answer your question.

Without those two things, no one will be able to help you.

Dave