Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Don McClimans <dm...@IntiElectronics.com> on 2002/08/24 02:19:30 UTC

Reported memory leaks in VC6 with Xalan

I am using Xalan 1.2 (binary distribution) under Windows 2000, with MSVC 6
and MFC.

The debugger reports memory leaks when I exit my application. I don't
actually have to do anything with xalan, all I have do to is include the
XalanTransformer::initialize() and XalanTransformer::terminate() calls. This
results in leaks of 30 or so objects.

My guess is that this is spurious, probably caused by global variables in
xalan, but it would be nice if anyone can confirm this, and it would be
really nice if anyone has a way to get rid of them. The problem with them is
that having a bunch of spurious memory leaks reported causes me to overlook
my own *real* memory leaks.

Thanks in advance,

Don McClimans