Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jc meillaud <jc...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/16 11:34:58 UTC

Problem of backward compability between cxf 2.0.2-incubator and cxf 2.1

Hi,

We are currently working on a major project with several application which
were build with maven. In a the first version we were using the cxf 2.0.2
incubator version, but we are facing several dependencies issues, (2.0.2
relates to the the spring version 2.0.4), and we want to use the latest
stable release of spring. We then decided to upgrade the cxf version to the
latest released version (2.1), but a webservice client which was build
through the maven cxf codegen plugin is no more compatible. Here are some
log :

Maven pom definition :
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
        <artifactId>cxf-codegen-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>${cxf.version}</version>
        <executions>
        <execution>
            <id>generate-sources</id>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <configuration>
          <sourceRoot>${basedir}/target/generated/</sourceRoot>
          <wsdlOptions>
            <wsdlOption>
              <wsdl>${basedir}/src/main/resources/wsdl/factory.wsdl</wsdl>
              <extraargs>
                <extraarg>p</extraarg>
                <extraarg>com.something.else</extraarg>
                <extraarg>noAddressBinding</extraarg>
              </extraargs>
            </wsdlOption>
          </wsdlOptions>
        </configuration>
            <goals>
                <goal>wsdl2java</goal>
            </goals>
        </execution>
    </executions>
      </plugin>

with cxf 2.0.2-incubator, classes are generated with the wanted pacakge name
(com.something.else), but when we switch to the release 2.1, there is a
warning during the compilation :

INFO: Pre-instantiating singletons in
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@3dcf03:
defining beans
[cxf,org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.Jsr250BeanPostProcessor,org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusExtensionPostProcessor,org.apache.cxf.resource.ResourceManager,org.apache.cxf.configuration.Configurer,org.apache.cxf.binding.BindingFactoryManager,org.apache.cxf.transport.DestinationFactoryManager,org.apache.cxf.transport.ConduitInitiatorManager,org.apache.cxf.wsdl.WSDLManager,org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseManager,org.apache.cxf.workqueue.WorkQueueManager,org.apache.cxf.buslifecycle.BusLifeCycleManager,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerRegistry,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerLifeCycleManager,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientLifeCycleManager,org.apache.cxf.transports.http.QueryHandlerRegistry,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.EndpointResolverRegistry,org.apache.cxf.headers.HeaderManager,org.apache.cxf.catalog.OASISCatalogManager,org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServiceContractResolverRegistry,org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBindingFactory,org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapTransportFactory,org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.customEditorConfigurer,org.apache.cxf.binding.xml.XMLBindingFactory,org.apache.cxf.transport.local.LocalTransportFactory,org.apache.cxf.transport.http.policy.HTTPClientAssertionBuilder,org.apache.cxf.transport.http.policy.HTTPServerAssertionBuilder,org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPTransportFactory];
root of factory hierarchy
May 16, 2008 10:06:17 AM org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector
invokePostConstruct
WARNING: method annotated by @PostConstruct throws exception when invoked
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector.invokePostConstruct(ResourceInjector.java:305)
        at
org.apache.cxf.common.injection.ResourceInjector.construct(ResourceInjector.java:86)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.Jsr250BeanPostProcessor.postProcessAfterInitialization(Jsr250BeanPostProcessor.java:58)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsAfterInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:313)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1181)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:427)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:249)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:155)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:246)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:757)
        at
org.apache.cxf.configuration.spring.AbstractSpringBeanMap.get(AbstractSpringBeanMap.java:136)
        at
org.apache.cxf.configuration.spring.AbstractSpringBeanMap$SpringBeanMapWrapper.get(AbstractSpringBeanMap.java:236)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.getDestinationFactory(DestinationFactoryManagerImpl.java:104)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceBuilder.buildEndpoint(WSDLServiceBuilder.java:318)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceBuilder.buildServices(WSDLServiceBuilder.java:280)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceBuilder.buildServices(WSDLServiceBuilder.java:149)
        at
org.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceBuilder.buildServices(WSDLServiceBuilder.java:138)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaContainer.java:141)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJavaContainer.execute(WSDLToJavaContainer.java:231)
        at
org.apache.cxf.tools.common.toolspec.ToolRunner.runTool(ToolRunner.java:83)
        at org.apache.cxf.tools.wsdlto.WSDLToJava.run(WSDLToJava.java:102)
        at
org.apache.cxf.maven_plugin.WSDL2JavaMojo.processWsdl(WSDL2JavaMojo.java:292)
        at
org.apache.cxf.maven_plugin.WSDL2JavaMojo.execute(WSDL2JavaMojo.java:202)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:447)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:333)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:126)
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapTransportFactory.registerWithBindingManager(SoapTransportFactory.java:175)
        ... 46 more
May 16, 2008 10:06:18 AM
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext doClose
INFO: Closing org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@f0761a:
display name [org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContext@f0761a];
startup date [Fri May 16 10:06:15 GMT+01:00 2008]; root of context hierarchy
May 16, 2008 10:06:18 AM
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry
destroySingletons
INFO: Destroying singletons in
[...]
[INFO] [resources:resources]

And the generated classes are not generated wioththe wanted package name,
but with the package name defined in the targetnamespace of the wsdl file
(factory.wsdl) used to generate classes.

Any help would be appreciate on this issue.
Regards
JC

--
Da

Re: Problem of backward compability between cxf 2.0.2-incubator and cxf 2.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 19, 2008, at 6:42 AM, jc meillaud wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I just try a completely empty project with only one wsdl (took from
> the
> web), and i still get the two issues :
> - Warning Exception is still there
> - Package name passed as an argument to the wsdl2java maven plugin
> is not
> taken into account

One more quick note: the package name issue COULD be worked around
with a jaxws/jaxb bindings customization file.   It's definitely more
complex, but it's a "standard" feature of jaxws.

Dan

> Could any one  confirm me I could open a JIRA fopr those issue. As
> we are
> using CXF webservices through wsdl2java maven task in several part
> of our
> project (more than 25 webservices), we can't upgrade the CXF version
> from
> 2.0.2-incubator, to a stable release(2.0.6 or 2.1), we are going to
> move to
> Spring WS, which may be more compatible with spring. Unless there
> was a
> quick bugfix.
>
> Regards
> JC
>
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 6:22 PM, jc meillaud <jc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I try both of your advises, and the Exception warning is still
>> there. I
>> will continue trying to fin a solution on monday.
>>
>> Could you confirm me there is a JIRA opened for the wsdl2java issue
>> about
>> the package name argument not taken into account.
>> Thanks
>> Regards
>> JC
>>

>> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 5:43 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> I think the crash is a bug in the JMS transport that was fixed two
>>> weeks
>>> ago.   Can you remove that dependency and retry the code
>>> generation?   Or
>>> try the 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT version in the apache snapshot m2 repository?
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>>> On May 16, 2008, at 11:26 AM, jc meillaud wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking into account our problem.

>>> ---
>>> Daniel Kulp
>>> dkulp@apache.org
>>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog
>>>

>> --
>> Da
>

> --
> Da

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Problem of backward compability between cxf 2.0.2-incubator and cxf 2.1

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On May 19, 2008, at 6:42 AM, jc meillaud wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I just try a completely empty project with only one wsdl (took from
> the
> web), and i still get the two issues :
> - Warning Exception is still there
> - Package name passed as an argument to the wsdl2java maven plugin
> is not
> taken into account
>
> Could any one  confirm me I could open a JIRA fopr those issue.

Yes, please do.   Log any bugs at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF

If you could attach your simple test cases, that would be a HUGE help
as well.

Thanks!
Dan

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Problem of backward compability between cxf 2.0.2-incubator and cxf 2.1

Posted by jc meillaud <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

> [...]

>>>           <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>>>           <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty</artifactId>
>>>           <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>>>       </dependency>
>>>       <dependency>
>>>           <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>>>           <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-jms</artifactId>
>>>           <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>>>       </dependency>
>>>       <dependency>
>>>           <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>>>           <artifactId>cxf-rt-management</artifactId>
>>>           <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>>>       </dependency>
>>>       <dependency>
>>>           <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>>>           <artifactId>cxf-common-utilities</artifactId>
>>>           <version>${cxf.version}</version>
>>>       </dependency>
>>>
>>> I will try to create a small maven project, but we are also thinking at
>>> moving to springWS as we are mainly  using Spring 2.5 on all of the
>>> Regards

Posted by jc meillaud <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> [...]

>>> root of factory hierarchy
>>> [INFO] [resources:resources]
>>>
>>> And the generated classes are not generated wioththe wanted
>>> package name,
>>> but with the package name defined in the targetnamespace of the
>>> wsdl file
>>> (factory.wsdl) used to generate classes.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciate on this issue.

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Re: Problem of backward compability between cxf 2.0.2-incubator and cxf 2.1

Posted by jc meillaud <jc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

> [...]

> root of factory hierarchy
> [INFO] [resources:resources]
>
> And the generated classes are not generated wioththe wanted package
> name,
> but with the package name defined in the targetnamespace of the wsdl
> file
> (factory.wsdl) used to generate classes.
>
> Any help would be appreciate on this issue.

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog