Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> on 2011/06/06 14:13:05 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released

Hello,

Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released and is available for download:

	http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html

Changes in this release:

 * Native SSL support.
 * Added support for HTTP range requests for attachments.
 * Added built-in filters for `_changes`: `_doc_ids` and `_design`.
 * Added configuration option for TCP_NODELAY aka "Nagle".
 * Allow wildcards in vhosts definitions.
 * More granular ETag support for views.
 * More flexible URL rewriter.
 * Added OS Process module to manage daemons outside of CouchDB.
 * Added HTTP Proxy handler for more scalable externals.
 * Added `_replicator` database to manage replications.
 * Multiple micro-optimizations when reading data.
 * Added CommonJS support to map functions.
 * Added `stale=update_after` query option that triggers a view update after
   returning a `stale=ok` response.
 * More explicit error messages when it's not possible to access a file due
   to lack of permissions.
 * Added a "change password"-feature to Futon.

Apache CouchDB is a document-oriented database that can be queried and indexed
in a MapReduce fashion using JavaScript. CouchDB also offers incremental
replication with bi-directional conflict detection and resolution.

CouchDB provides a RESTful JSON API than can be accessed from any environment
that allows HTTP requests. There are myriad third-party client libraries that
make this even easier from your programming language of choice. CouchDB's built
in Web administration console speaks directly to the database using HTTP
requests issued from your browser.

CouchDB is written in Erlang, a robust functional programming language ideal for
building concurrent distributed systems. Erlang allows for a flexible design
that is easily scalable and readily extensible.

Your Eternal Servant

Robert Newson

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released

Posted by Fedor Indutny <fe...@indutny.com>.
Whoa!

I owe you a bottle of vodka :)

Cheers,
Fedor.

Posted by muji <mi...@freeformsystems.com>.
This is great news, I'm looking forward to installing - thanks!

Am I right in thinking that spidermonkey 1.8.5 support is forthcoming
in a 1.2 release? I couldn't quite determine the outcome of this
discussion:

http://couchdb-development.1959287.n2.nabble.com/SpiderMonkey-1-8-5-upgrades-td6232844.html

A quick test reveals that the 1.1.0 release cannot find the
spidermonkey js library when attempting to compile against a
spidermonkey 1.8.5 release:

----
configure: error: Could not find the js library.

Is the Mozilla SpiderMonkey library installed?
----

Any clarification much appreciated.

--
muji.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.
Fantastic - & what a sprint that was!

homebrew? check
windows? check

I'm counting nanoseconds on behalf of davisp ... it's not looking too good.

A+
Dave

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 14:13, Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:
> Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released and is available for download:
>
>        http://couchdb.apache.org/downloads.html

Great stuff; thanks a bunch for driving this forward!

Cheers,

Dirkjan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
No problem, I've got your coffee right here.

B.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 6 Jun 2011, at 13:49, Paul Davis wrote:

>> Your Eternal Servant
>
> Woot! I could use a coffee. Two sugars no milk.
>
> Also, awesome work on releasing 1.1.

+1

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 has been released

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
Great work everybody!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Relax, guys. :)

Daniele, could you post this to user@couchdb.apache.org please?

Thanks.

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya <ma...@aptela.com>.
Thanx all!

cheers

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya | CTO | mahesh@aptela.com | 703.386.1500 Ext. 9100
593 Herndon Parkway | Suite 400 | Herndon, VA | www.aptela.com

Check out our Blog | Follow us on Twitter | Refer a Friend

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.