Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Bovay <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2001/02/15 19:34:42 UTC

JNDI problem, Tomcat 3.2.1

I am using tomcat 3.2.1.  I am having a problem with setting up a web
application (XO) to lookup a Bean.  When I try to execute it, I receive a
javax.naming.CommunicationException error.

It appears my problem lies in this line of the XO.properties file:
      env.producer.LoginBean.javax.naming.subcontext=java:/comp/env/ejb
The class I need to use is
c:/jakartatomcat/webapps/xo/src/xo/LoginBean.class
	I believe it may supposed to be under

Anyways, the /comp/env/ejb is clearly not the correct path.
I think this line should be:
    env.producer.LoginBean.javax.naming.subcontext=java:/XO
But that is not working either. Have also tried /XO/src, and /XO/src/XO.

What should my value be for that line?
Do I need to consider classpath variables when setting up after java:/    ?
What does the java: string represent?

Do I need to modify the line in XO.properties below as well?
### Set JNDI properties for the target LoginBean
env.target.LoginBean.javax.naming.name=LoginBean

Thanks,
-Randy