Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/21 16:26:39 UTC

Register/Re-register Node Types

I'm having trouble re-registering my custom node types.

To register types, I'm using the code given on
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/nodetype/index.html, except that, instead
of simply doing

ntreg.registerNodeType(ntd);

I'm doing

if (!ntreg.isRegistered(ntd.getName())) {
  ntreg.registerNodeType(ntd);
} else {
  log.debug("Reregister type " + ntd.getName().toString());
  ntreg.reregisterNodeType(ntd);
}

However, when I have data in my repository, no change is made to the node
type registry.  I've double-checked against the Jackrabbit source, and the
change I'm making (adding a new optional property to the node type) is
considered a "trivial" change.

Has anyone else run into problems re-registering node types?

-Brian