Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2006/12/11 21:23:44 UTC

Re: Breaking up the Bot army - we need a plan

so what is wrong with a MTA that
- checks helo and just takes a note
- accepts smtp auth, if provided (and erases bad notes from the helo in that case)
- accepts an optional second helo after the auth and discards it
- accepts mail from and rcpt to
... and at the first rcpt to issues a 5xx if the dialogue so far does not meet expectations,
e.g. a non-auth transaction must go to one of the domains on that server,
and any transaction mentioning one of the local domains in helo or mail from must be
authenticated, and the mail from domain must exist

I recall ebay mails got rejected when I first started this, and according to a recent discussion
job monsters would also reject .... I hope enough admins rejecting that stuff would help to
educate these sites

Wolfgang Hamann