Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <sh...@mac.com> on 2002/06/30 18:17:00 UTC

CVS help?

Hi All,

Sorry about this, could someone help me with a bit of CVS.

I have a new version of SourceWritingTransformer and associated
files ready to commit and I am having problems I cannot solve.

I am trying to add files to the repository:

cd $COCOON/src/scratchpad/webapp/mount/editor/editor/docs/
cvs add slash-edit.css
cvs server: cannot add file on non-branch tag HEAD

The files were checked out using:

	cvs -z3 checkout -r HEAD xml-cocoon2

and updated using:

	cvs -z3 update -d -P xml-cocoon2

Any suggestions?

regards Jeremy

Re: CVS help?

Posted by Rick Tessner <ri...@canada.com>.
On Sun, 2002-06-30 at 09:17, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry about this, could someone help me with a bit of CVS.

<snip/>

> cd $COCOON/src/scratchpad/webapp/mount/editor/editor/docs/
> cvs add slash-edit.css
> cvs server: cannot add file on non-branch tag HEAD
>

> The files were checked out using:
>
> 	cvs -z3 checkout -r HEAD xml-cocoon2
>
> and updated using:
>
> 	cvs -z3 update -d -P xml-cocoon2

It looks like there's some "sticky" tags associated with the "docs"
directory.  Try this from your top-level cocoon directory, what you call
$COCOON in your original note.

  cd $COCOON
  cvs -z3 update -A  # This will reset any sticky CVS tags

Then try your "cvs add" again.

--
Rick Tessner
ricktessner@canada.com

"Breathe.  Breathe again.  Keep doing that." - #1 rule in diving

RE: CVS help?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Jeremy Quinn [mailto:sharkbait@mac.com]
>
> On Sunday, June 30, 2002, at 05:43 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> >> The files were checked out using:
> >>
> >> 	cvs -z3 checkout -r HEAD xml-cocoon2
> >

> this is what is in the docs

That's for users :)

> > HEAD is not a branch :(
> >
> > Use:
> >
> > cvs -z3 checkout -A xml-cocoon2
> >

> OK, thanks, is this what I should _always_ use?

As committer - yes.

> What about getting updates?

As you wish. I use checkout.

Vadim