Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com> on 2007/10/08 16:30:58 UTC

svn log -g completely broken?

With r27021 "svn log -g" does not output any merge information resp.
merged revisions at all. I have tried logging an URL and logging my
local WC. When going back to r26871, "svn log -g" works as expected
again with the same repository. Am I missing something here?

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

Re: svn log -g completely broken?

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007, Marc Strapetz wrote:

> > Could you copy ${REPOSITORY}/db/mergeinfo.db to ${REPOSITORY}/db/indexes.sqlite?
>
> Thanks, that fixed the problem.

Great!

> > Marc, please let us know how this works out for ya.  Also, please confirm
> > whether you see both a mergeinfo.db and an indexes.sqlite file within your
> > REPOS/db/ directory.
>
> Yes, both files had been there.

Thanks -- that's what I'd expect.  The indexes.sqlite file was created
(empty) after your upgrade.  The old mergeinfo.db contained all your
merge history, but was no longer getting examined at runtime.  You can
discard mergeinfo.db now that you've copied it over indexes.sqlite.

Re: svn log -g completely broken?

Posted by Marc Strapetz <ma...@syntevo.com>.
> Could you copy ${REPOSITORY}/db/mergeinfo.db to ${REPOSITORY}/db/indexes.sqlite?

Thanks, that fixed the problem.

> Marc, please let us know how this works out for ya.  Also, please confirm
> whether you see both a mergeinfo.db and an indexes.sqlite file within your
> REPOS/db/ directory.

Yes, both files had been there.

--
Best regards,