Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com> on 2002/02/24 22:53:14 UTC

Installing Tomcat 4.0.2 & JBoss 2.4.4?

Is it possible to install JBoss and Tomcat separately, yet have them co-located
in the same Vm?  (ie. have JBoss start up Tomcat)

I know you can do this with the combined release from jboss.org....but is there
any documentation on how to integrate the two if installing from two separate
packages (one for JBoss and one for Tomcat)?  The problem with the
combined release is that it does not yet include 4.0.2 of Tomcat.

Thanks!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com

RE: Installing Tomcat 4.0.2 & JBoss 2.4.4?

Posted by Jarecsni Janos <ja...@chello.hu>.
Hi,

simply download the Catalina version of your choice and extract it in place
of the old version. It works.

Cheers,
Janos

|Is it possible to install JBoss and Tomcat separately, yet have
|them co-located
|in the same Vm?  (ie. have JBoss start up Tomcat)
|
|I know you can do this with the combined release from
|jboss.org....but is there
|any documentation on how to integrate the two if installing from
|two separate
|packages (one for JBoss and one for Tomcat)?  The problem with the
|combined release is that it does not yet include 4.0.2 of Tomcat.
|
|Thanks!
|

|Andrzej Jan Taramina
|Chaeron Corporation: Enterprise System Solutions
|http://www.chaeron.com

|--