Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/12/20 15:54:16 UTC

Re:

+Hdfs-dev <hd...@hadoop.apache.org>
Hi Shuubham,

Just like to clarify a bit. What's the purpose of this work? Is this for
the general block placement policy in HDFS, or the
balancer/mover/diskbalancer, or decommissioning/recommissioning? Block
placement is determined by NameNode. Do you intend to shorten the time to
decide where a block is placed? Do you want to reduce the time such that
re-replication takes less time?

I'm asking this because I don't think there's ever a placementmonitor or a
blockmonitor class.

Re:

Posted by Shuubham Ojha <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
          Actually we just want to implement our block placement strategy
in hadoop 3 and compare results. I think that we should see some
improvements. Can you shed some more light on the difference between
general block placement policy and balancer / mover thing.

Warm regards,
Shuubham Ojha