Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com> on 2005/08/05 11:28:28 UTC

Re: [OT][FRIDAY] The 'Jakarta' of Javascript?

Laurie Harper wrote:

> When it comes to server-side Java components and libraries, I
> generally find most of what I need at Jakarta or elsewhere at Apache;
> it's certainly one of the first places I always look. Is there a
> 'Jakarta' of client-side components?

Some folks have been working on JSAN [1], a CPAN for JS. Most people
that are serious on JS aim in porting their stuff accordingly.
Personally, i hope it will go even further; just imagine declaring JS
libraries as dependencies for your WAR in Maven.

[1] http://www.openjsan.org/

Manos

Re: [OT][FRIDAY] The 'Jakarta' of Javascript?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Emmanouil Batsis wrote:
> Laurie Harper wrote:
>> When it comes to server-side Java components and libraries, I
>> generally find most of what I need at Jakarta or elsewhere at Apache;
>> it's certainly one of the first places I always look. Is there a
>> 'Jakarta' of client-side components?
>
> Some folks have been working on JSAN [1], a CPAN for JS. Most people
> that are serious on JS aim in porting their stuff accordingly.
> Personally, i hope it will go even further; just imagine declaring JS
> libraries as dependencies for your WAR in Maven.
>
> [1] http://www.openjsan.org/

That looks very promising. I'll keep an eye on this one for sure.

L.
--
Laurie, Open Source advocate, Java geek and novice blogger:
http://www.holoweb.net/laurie