Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/29 00:20:15 UTC

Re: JIRA projects for Maven

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Jake Farrell <jf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey Benson
> What is the exact number and would an import of existing issues be needed or
> will the project be taking care of that migration?

I did a count and came up with 46. I've asked for help in rendering
that number precise.

The Maven dev list is currently mulling over the technology of
migration; if we can come up with a way to do it for ourselves, I
think we're willing. At one extreme, there was some discussion of
working at the SQL level, which, I think, would at least involve
collaboration.

 Can all the maven jira
> projects share a common group of project admins, contributors, etc or is
> each unique?

I believe that the answer is that they will all club together. All the
Maven plugins are products of the Maven PMC, we don't have any
fine-grained access control for anything else, so I don't see why we'd
need it for JIRA.

Do all the notifications for each project go to the same
> mailing list?

Ditto here, but, I've added dev@maven to this thread so that others
can participate.

Re: JIRA projects for Maven

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
A more patient counter than I reports:

if I count from http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#all
taking relevant projects from "Maven 2 Plugins", "Maven Admin" and "Maven
Technologies" categories, I get 61 projects