Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/18 19:12:30 UTC

Re: [POLL] WASP Lite on Apache?

Anne,

It's been over a month since we heard from you on WASP-Lite(Java). Can you please let us know
about your latest position on the proposal?

dims

=====

RE: [POLL] WASP Lite on Apache?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Dims,

We moved the discussion to axis-dev. There's a fair amount of work that we'd
need to do to clean up our code before we submit it to Apache, so before we
do this work we want to ensure that our code will be useful to you. We
talked about the possibilities of merging Axis and WASP, but considering the
differences in architecture, merger appears to be very challenging.

We've just released a new version of our C++ implementation, which we've
also offered to submit to Apache. Both implementations are based on the same
architecture. Our C++ implementation is already open source, so we've
requested that the Axis team look at this code before we proceed further. We
haven't heard much discussion since then.

Regards,
Anne