Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Adrian Gschwend <ml...@netlabs.org> on 2013/10/15 18:17:30 UTC

Type-Mappings in Enhancer engines

Hi,

Based on Retos Stanbol book I created a new enhancement engine for a
SKOS vocabulary I created.

This worked well with one exception: When I create a new "Apache Stanbol
Enhancer Engine: Entityhub Linking" entry via the "+" it seems to create
some default Type-Mappings like:

dbp-ont:Organisation;\ dbp-ont:Newspaper;\ schema:Organization\ >\
dbp-ont:Organisation

Once I add the enhancer to a chain it complains that my new enhancer is
not available. In the log file I saw that it does not know the prefix
dbp-ont so I deleted the entry till I didn't had any more issues, which
were these prefixes:

dbp-ont
schema
skos

So basically I got rid of all the Type-Mappings now.

Is this a bug or is this a feature that the prefixes are not known?

regards

Adrian

Re: Type-Mappings in Enhancer engines

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi Rupert,

I think the default configuration of this engine should use full IRIs for
the properties rather than CURIEs. As not to allow ambiguity and not to
rely on a an external service.

I'm also not sure if and how the CURIE spec requirement "The host language
MUST provide one or more mechanisms for defining the mapping from the
prefixto an IRI." is satisfied here.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.