Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by "Lukas O." <lu...@sonynetservices.com> on 2007/05/22 13:20:22 UTC

cache-size management details

Hello.

There are two places where you can specify cache sizes in ibatis:
on a global level (in our case oscache) and a cache model level.

Can anybody tell me how the two work together?
For instance what if the sum of the cache model sizes are larger
then the global cache size - is the global size overridden?

Are the cache model sizes final can they change (for instance
when there is still enough space in the global cache, or if one
cache is empty and another is full?

Thanx

Re: cache-size management details

Posted by "Lukas O." <lu...@sonynetservices.com>.

Lukas O. wrote:

> Hello.
>
> There are two places where you can specify cache sizes in ibatis:
> on a global level (in our case oscache) and a cache model level.
>
> Can anybody tell me how the two work together?
> For instance what if the sum of the cache model sizes are larger
> then the global cache size - is the global size overridden?
>
> Are the cache model sizes final can they change (for instance
> when there is still enough space in the global cache, or if one
> cache is empty and another is full?
>
> Thanx

I have investigated and it seemes the oscache implementation does not use
this setting it all.

Anyone know if someone has done modifications so the cache-size property is
used?