Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Erich Gormann <e....@gormann.de> on 2014/04/30 22:59:33 UTC

Autocomplete fields in loop

Hi all,

currently I work with a number of autocomplete fields rendered in a loop.
And thats exactly the problem: after the loop and all fields have been
rendered, I'am not able to handle over a piece of specific information to
the onCompletion event, if this event handler is called on entering some
values in the autocomplete fields.

The problem is that I have to identify the correct field in the event
handler method. I tried to pass an information based on the loops render
variable using the options parameter in the tapestry5-jquery autocomplete
component. But naturally it always shows the value the render variable had
during the last loop iteration.

Tapestry5-jquery autocomplete component offers the use of a subclass taking
an options parameter of type "JSONObject". Does anybody know, how to
implement this properly?

Best regards
Eric

Re: Autocomplete fields in loop

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
It would seem that Autocomplete needs a context. Please vote here:

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2329

Cheers,

Geoff