Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by projorpheon ccf <pr...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/17 21:07:57 UTC

hard coded path?

I got the below error when using the subversion python binding.

Assertion failed: is_canonical (base, blen), file
C:\Home\brane\src\svn\subversion-1.2.0\subversion\
libsvn_subr\path.c, line 114

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I am not sure whether from the above error information the problem
could be identified?

Assertion failed: is_canonical, from Python [was: hard coded path?]

Posted by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com>.
> projorpheon ccf wrote:
>
>> I got the below error when using the subversion python binding.
>>
>> Assertion failed: is_canonical (base, blen), file
>> C:\Home\brane\src\svn\subversion-1.2.0\subversion\
>> libsvn_subr\path.c, line 114
>>
>> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
>> unusual way.
>> Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>>
>> I am not sure whether from the above error information the problem
>> could be identified?

No, that's not enough information.  Please give us a reproduction recipe or say
which function you called and what the arguments were.

Branko Čibej wrote:
> It certainly tells you where the assertion was triggered. It's not my
> fault that MSVC feeds absolute file names rather than relative ones to
> assert.

Heh!  It looks like that just confused the original poster, and is not actually
the relevant problem.

projorpheon ccf:  The path printed in the error message is the location in the
Subversion source code of the assert statement that detected a problem; the
erroneous path is, unfortunately, not shown.  Therefore the problem that you
encountered has nothing to do with hard-coded paths.

(The fact that an absolute path is shown in the error message is not ideal, but
not really a problem.)

- Julian

Re: hard coded path?

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
projorpheon ccf wrote:

>I got the below error when using the subversion python binding.
>
>Assertion failed: is_canonical (base, blen), file
>C:\Home\brane\src\svn\subversion-1.2.0\subversion\
>libsvn_subr\path.c, line 114
>
>This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
>Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>
>I am not sure whether from the above error information the problem
>could be identified?

It certainly tells you where the assertion was triggered. It's not my
fault that MSVC feeds absolute file names rather than relative ones to
assert.

-- Brane