Posted to user@struts.apache.org by JOEL VOGT <jo...@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au> on 2001/03/15 23:28:36 UTC

Another newbie question

Hi,

I am having troubles running the hello-world app from the struts trail
map at http://developer.bluestone.com.
The basic directory setup is this
hello-world \WEB-INF        \ lib       \ classes \ helloworld
hello.jsp   struts-bean.tld struts.jar           HelloWorldResources.p.
            web.xml

where HelloWorldResources.p = properties (just fitting on one line)

I have one jsp, hello.jsp which just uses a <bean:message> to display a
line from the properties file.

Anyway, when ran in tomcat 3.2.1, I get the error 'cannot load servlet
name: action'.
This corresponds to my web.xml, which is just a normal descriptor.
This error does not effect this simple example, but I think it is what
is stuffing up my others.
Any help on the cause/remedy of this?
When running a sample logon app, I get errors such as could not find
ActionBean and ActionForward etc....
All the example apps distributed with struts work fine.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Joel.

Re: Another newbie question

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
If all struts distributed examples work fine you do not need to worry. The
Bluestone site can use old distribution. Take care about only struts
examples. Understand how they work.

Re: Another newbie question

Posted by John Raley <jo...@moonlight.com>.
It's hard to tell from your message:  is struts.jar in /WEB-INF/lib ?