Posted to pubscribe-dev@ws.apache.org by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org> on 2005/06/07 21:39:39 UTC

VOTE: new project name (last time!)

We voted a while back to change the project name from "Hermes" to
"Message Broker" due to trademark concerns with the name Hermes. The
more I think about it, I don't like the name Message Broker, because I
don't think it accurately describes the project. There is currently
nothing in Hermes that acts as a message broker, and even if/when we add
support for the WS-BrokeredNotification spec, that will just be one part
of the project and probably not the most important part. Since we
haven't yet begun the process of renaming all of the project artifacts
(we've been waiting to exit incubation first), I'd like to propose we
change the name to "Pubscribe". This name better reflects that the
project provides a publish/subscribe event framework. It also has no
trademark issues associated with it and only one other project in
Germany is using the name.

Please cast your vote. We'll decide the vote Apache majority style (i.e.
the sum of the votes must be > 0)

Here's my +1.

Thanks,
Ian

AW: VOTE: new project name (last time!)

Posted by Stefan Lischke <li...@apache.org>.
+1 for pubscribe

I hope we dont get any problems with the project at the universities around
here in germany.

This is also my back to duty mail to the project list. Sorry for being quite
such a long time, but now my diploma is finished (i got a very good mark :)
and i got a new job with some free time for my OpenSource projects.

Since yesterday there is also my apollo article printed in the german
"xml&web services magazin" so i hope we get some fresh blood for the two
projects. :)

Stefan