Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sonny Chhen <So...@citrix.com> on 2012/07/25 19:28:50 UTC

CloudStack promotional video

Hello All,

I am working with a videographer on a promotional video for CloudStack. Below you will find links to the storyboard for the concept we had in mind. The video will be a mix of live video and animated graphics(which will be more stylish). Please review the storyboards and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/9602725/storyboard_1.jpg

http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/9602725/storyboard_2.jpg

Thanks in Advance,

Sonny H. Chhen
Manager of User Interface & User Experience | Citrix Systems - CloudPlatform
4988 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA  95054, USA

RE: CloudStack promotional video

Posted by Sonny Chhen <So...@citrix.com>.
Hello Wido,

Thanks for the feedback. Below are the answers to your questions:

<The first scene shows a handshake, but there is no description?>

-This is a continuation from the last scene and is one motion where the hands will come together and then spread apart to show the CloudStack cloud.

 <From scene 3 you mean you're putting build, manage and scale into the CloudStack cloud? You want to show that CS has a ton of features?>

-Yes this is correct. These will be a few sample features we will be highlighting

<Will this video be Open Sourced? With that I mean, will we get the raw clip file instead of the AVI/MKV?>

-Not raw footage for now. This will be edited and effects added in post-production by our videographer.

<I'd vote for releasing this in an open format like WebM for example, instead of using H.264 :)>

-We will see if we can deliver this in multiple formats.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

-Sonny

On 07/25/2012 07:28 PM, Sonny Chhen wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am working with a videographer on a promotional video for CloudStack. Below you will find links to the storyboard for the concept we had in mind. The video will be a mix of live video and animated graphics(which will be more stylish). Please review the storyboards and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/9602725/storyboard_1.j
> pg
>
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/9602725/storyboard_2.j
> pg

Nice start, but I have questions, mainly about story board 2:

The first scene shows a handshake, but there is no description?
Something like: "You make the decision for CloudStack over other
(closed) projects"

 From scene 3 you mean you'r putting build, manage and scale into the CloudStack cloud? You want to show that CS has a ton of features?

Will this video be Open Sourced? With that I mean, will we get the raw clip file instead of the AVI/MKV?

I'd vote for releasing this in a open format like WebM for example, instead of using H.264 :)

Wido

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 07/25/2012 07:28 PM, Sonny Chhen wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am working with a videographer on a promotional video for CloudStack. Below you will find links to the storyboard for the concept we had in mind. The video will be a mix of live video and animated graphics(which will be more stylish). Please review the storyboards and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/9602725/storyboard_1.jpg
>
> http://wiki.cloudstack.org/download/attachments/9602725/storyboard_2.jpg

Nice start, but I have questions, mainly about story board 2:

The first scene shows a handshake, but there is no description?
Something like: "You make the decision for CloudStack over other
(closed) projects"

 From scene 3 you mean you'r putting build, manage and scale into the