Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 11:41:14 UTC

plugin annotations retention policy

Hello,

I'm in the process of rewriting the nbm-maven-plugin at mojo to use
the new annotations instead of javadoc tags. It appears to be working
fine, but I'm wondering why the retention policy is CLASS. Since it's
only used to generate the xml file, it could be turned into SOURCE and
the annotation dependency could be made "provided". Am I missing
something?

Regards

Milos Kleint

Re: plugin annotations retention policy

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
On Fri Jul 20 07:59:03 2012, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> Can you provide a sample Clojure or Kotlin project to test descriptor
> generation?

I'll make up a sample project tonight and see if I can reproduce what I
was seeing awhile ago.

Re: plugin annotations retention policy

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes, DefaultMojoAnnotationsScanner reads .class files, not their sources

Can you provide a sample Clojure or Kotlin project to test descriptor
generation?

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
On 28 June 2012 11:33, Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com> wrote:
> What about inheritance?

+1000 inheritance is one of the reasons we moved to annotations from
javadoc tags (though I agree that plugin.xml merging could solve that
somewhat, it's messy and ties us back rather than forward

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Oh yes good point I missed that.
I essentially work on the anno mode to be able to inherits annotations
from reactors modules and/or dependencies.

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
could be better maybe.

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.